1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 1/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2013.

1. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

Wow, I honestly question your purpose on this site. Every single comment, and I mean EVERY single one I have seen from you is one where you are either talking ****, putting down Lin, or something along those lines. Do you ever have something positive to say? I hesitate to call you a troll cuz you have been here since 04, and that would be a whole lot of time spent on the Internet talking ****. You amount of time that you spend talking and posting about Lin, i would think he is your first born child or something. I get that you don't like him, but the constant **** you say just disrupts the whole forum experience.

2. Calmwater

Calmwater Member

Me thinks it is just a kiddie who hijack his older brother/cousin account and play havroc in this forum, at least the amount of nonsense he created remind one of a kiddie :grin:

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Just casual trolling. Why you get so mad?

Sometimes I troll the LOH's for the chuckles.

4. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Beverly's officially been called up.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Rockets to call up rookie Patrick Beverley from the D League, per source. Was planned anyway but Lin ankle sprain set the timing.

5. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

CP3 & Lin out?! This is going to be interesting. Can't wait.

6. just a word

just a word Member

agreed, though what is up with these PG injuries, lmao

7. just a word

just a word Member

according to Wages of Wins, Houston was supposed to have lost the last 3
    (If I’m reading that last chart right, and was supposed to have won against the Lakers).

It also, still, pegs Houston for 4th playoff seat.

Yes, I know it's early to talk about playoffs but my point is that people shouldn't be panicking yet. It's a schedule loss and it's good for this young team to learn how to push past it.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Maybe King1 also feels that the whole forum experience has been disrupted for him by people who, from his perspective, constantly spew ****. Can you really blame anybody for feeling frustrated occasionally when you have a place full of people with so many strong and diverse opinions? No disrespect to Jeremy Lin or his loyal fan base, but I have to admit that a few of King1's zingers have been chuckle worthy.

Having said that, I hope Lin recovers quickly from his ankle sprain and posts some monster numbers. Go Rockets! All of them.

9. just a word

just a word Member

It's game-by-game.

If Lin keeps up with the opposing PG and they fail to iso Lin, then Lin shut him down. If the opposing PG lights up Douglas or uses a ton of screens to get himself free of Lin, it's due to team defense succeeding or failing.

Recently, many of the PG's have had to use screens to get free of Lin, which is a credit to his man defense, because that means that the PG's can't get free of Lin by himself.

I'd say, "watch the game", but I know a lot of Houston fans can't, or don't have time, and can only track the boxscore or see highlights. But the truth of the matter is that it's a long season, and teams make adjustments against each other. One of these adjustments is how Lin defends his assignment; another is how his assignments adjusts to him. So you can't really generalize.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

This is about as favorable of a situation as we could face the Clips in. Hope it's enough.

11. nadman89

nadman89 Member

clippers on tough back to back with cp3 out should be a W a lucky one

12. Luca

Luca Member

He did that on purpose so as to create reactions from the LOF. Don't mind him is all I can say.

13. Luca

Luca Member

Wait, CP3 is out? What happened to him?

14. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Wish CP3 and Lin speed recovery from their respective injures so they both can play tomorrow and give us a fun game to watch. Was looking forward to this matchup for a long time. :p

15. pnr

pnr Member

Time for PBev to shineee.

16. just a word

just a word Member

Banged knees in game against Orlando.

17. Luca

Luca Member

Thank you.

18. Arthurprescott2

Clippers will be coming off a back-to-back after playing the Grizz. Hopefully they'll be a bit worn down and banged up. Go Gasol!! But that said, the depth on that team is scary. Even w/o Paul, they still have Bledsoe, Billups and Crawford.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

bruised knee cap....

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blesdoe can still tear us up...he's definitely hungry to play well as a temporary starter