1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 3/18/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree with you on the rockets missing Landry last night, I think even Adelman said that Landry is there best finisher around the bucket and the rockets missed alot of bunnies last night. Would love to see the rockets draft a 6'10+ athletic shotblocker (even though Jonathan Feign claims shotblocking is overrated) and rebounder to pair with the second unit. The midgets like Hayes and Harris were just completely outsized last night.

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

A lot went wrong. First of all, T-Mac wasn't anywhere near his game. He had another bad one like he did against the Lakers. But he didn't even try as much. He was too passive. I also agree that Scola hesitated a lot. He should have just shot them when he was open. I wish Chuck would have made a few of those easy layups he missed. We also had too many turnovers that shouldn't have happened. Our defense did descent but we were dominated in the paint. But still we held them to 94 points which was okay. It's just our offense couldn't connect. But yes, a lot went wrong. Lets just learn from all this and use it against the Hornets. Lets go Rockets!!!!!!!

3. vstexas09

What went wrong? Synergy, something that the Rockets had before coming into this game. There were too many selfish plays, and they were forcing shots. Alston was off all night, he did have have his shots from the Laker game and same goes for Battier. T-Mac was pretty much shut down by the Celtics defense. Towards the 4th quarter, they rushed ever shot, and missed most of them. Offense killed them, there were no chemistry in this game, as if everyone was playing by themselves! I was crushed and stopped watching the game where there was 5 minutes left. Horrible offense, and only average defense.

4. vstexas09

the way Aaron Brooks was shooting i almost wished he would have gotten more minutes, But Tracy should have drove to the basket more, cause he created most of the shots when he was in but he could have had some more free throws with his driving ability. I hope to see him turn it on tonight we need the number one seed.

5. vstexas09

They werent passing the ball around and when the double team came they dished it out too slow. But I mean Boston is sick and their D is stronger than ours. The whole team basically was just off too. We needed Landry we could of matched up better with him. Not saying we could of won but we could of matched up stronger against them. Scola needs to take those damn shots he hesitated too much when he had a good clean look for the bucket. O and I dont know why he was guarding KG I think that was a bad matchup.

6. vstexas09

yea i'm def. depressed the streak is over. Boston played good defense. everything just went wrong with us tonight. when is landry coming back?? we really missed yao tonight. but rockets are still amazing and we still got the number 1 seed in the west! i still believe in them!

7. vstexas09

Yep, it was a great run. How many teams can claim 22 in a row! How sweet was that. But anyways theres no reason to look in the past. Lets get this win against New Orleans and keep up with as many wins as we can. But yes, I do wish Yao was here. It would have helped so much in the paint. But anyways, lets go Rockets!!!!

8. vstexas09

The game was somewhat dissappointing, but I will always believe in the rockets because they are playing with a lot of heart. They hustle even when they know they lost. And they believe in the team and the franchise. Even though the streak is over,the streak was a reward for their work ethic. NO is a very winnable game so the Rockets need to focus on moving the ball and commit on defense. I hope they get to the second round.

9. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

As McGrady said (and this is true), all good things must come to an end. Why? So even better things can take their place. R.Adelman is right. It's about how we respond. This next game (especially with us playing a back to back (but we have yet to lose the 2nd of a back to back this year) could be argued as our toughest or 2nd toughest game out of the next three. This was the week I had been fearing since they released the schedules. So far, we are 1-1. At most, teams figured we would be 1-4 (with our sole win being against GS (and that is WITH Yao). I'm excited about these next 3 games because they are all on the road (12 str8 I believe, also) and McGrady plays so much better on the road. Gosh. This loss really helps bring us fans back to earth, and back to the reality that Yao is really gone (I'm sure some of you did not need help). Well, New Orleans we go. A huge game!

10. blk5g

blk5g Member

"RA had horrible substitions today....He cant put harris in the game if our threes arent falling....THIS TEAM CAN ONLY WIN IF TWO THINGS HAPPEN...3 pointers and defense....we had no 3 pts falling so harris becomes a liability....HEAD should be in there instead...the game fell out of reach early in the third...and im tired of mac getting a free pass...when hes off sit his ass down...hes no different than any other rocket"

why would you ever take your star player of the floor that's what stars do they stay on and get hot, you think luther head would of got every other player on our team rolling no!!! if its going to be anybody it's t-mac. so give the guy a break,

11. kty

kty Member

Starting this year, barring any major injury to their big three, I think the Celtics will have a 2 or 3-year window to win the championships. On the other hand, the Rockets’ window to become a contender may not be much longer than that. So in the summer, the Rockets have to honestly access what they currently have, all the potential risk factors, and how to improve as a team so that they can compete at the highest level in the next couple of seasons.

12. kty

kty Member

correct spelling:

............................the Rockets have to honestly assess .................

13. zmc_tim119

zmc_tim119 Member

The only reason we lost is that we can not win them without a strong C--- YAO