1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 2/11/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2020.

1. vick

vick Member

Last game Harden had a triple double, and Westbrook had a great game, and they lost. No telling what happens tonight. They could win by 20 points tonight, then lose next game by 30.I have never seen a team look so good one game, then act like sh#t against bad teams. This Rockets team is a gamblers nightmare.

Rocket River and BaselineFade like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Happy Birthday Benny Mac.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Next game on the cursed season. Wonder which Celtic will hit a 40 foot buzzer beater tonight.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

josh tiven tonite.... the zebra dame lollard hate the most :D

5. Gant

Gant Member

The Celtics have played well against good teams lately. Sean Grande: "7-0 in their last 7 against playoff teams, +14.7 ppg."

They've consistently had key injuries through the season, but right now are a little healthier than they've been. Robert Williams is still out, and Jaylen Brown has had a series of ankle injuries- he mildly sprained both ankles in the last game but might play. Brown's play will probably be curtailed if he is out there.

Among those injuries were many to their center corps. They have often been down two centers at a time this year. That's caused them to get some experience playing -you guessed it- small ball. Theis is a fast, mobile, relatively undersized center who can guard on the perimeter. Rookie Grant Williams is shorter but more bullish and can do the same.

It will be interesting to see if Kanter is run off the court, or able to stay on the floor and get a lot of putbacks. If you haven't seen him recently, Kanter's defense has greatly improved through the year. He's not good on D but he's no longer a painful liability on that end, has a good defensive rating, and the team does fine defensively with him out there against many matchups. The Rockets though, are a different case, and Kanter may simply not work tonight.

Tatum keeps improving and seems to be headed toward superstar status. Hayward's had a stealth strong season, also set back by several injuries.

The Celtics do have some physically strong bench players to come if they run into foul trouble, Brown can't go, or Kemba needs a breather. Ojeleye, Wanamake, and others are marginal, but they can be effective and are capable of playing muscle defense against strong quick types that abound on the Rockets. (No one's going to stop the Rockets' stars, but maybe their percentages can be dropped.)

Plus there's Marcus Smart, who will need to be his full self for the Celtics to win.

It should be a competitive entertaining game.

#25 Gant, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

gonna be tough without gordon. we needed the all star break yesterday

bro2044 likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wonder which Celtics bench player is going to have a career night.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets - 1.5
    O/U 232
    Money lines:
    Rockets - 120
    Celtics even

BamBam and DeBeards like this.
  9. JackLordsHair66

Whichever one is barely open you know the drill by now ... seriously we lose this on a last second shot I’m going to lose my mind lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. JackLordsHair66

Such a bi-polar team man ... high highs and looooow lows !!! I’ll try to keep it cool as my BP has been raging lately not worth having a heart attack over ! I appreciate all who try to stay positive on here cause it’s not one of my better attributes .. hopefully we can put a full game together and come out with a win tonight we really need it badly.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just a little Haiku fun for this game.

Rockets small ball jokes
    Spewed by pregame analysts
    Silenced. Rockets win!

Killatron 2000 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Tackle any opponent attempting a 3 in the last 5 seconds of game.

Seriously

Just win

13. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I'm thinking it's boring win time. Go Rockets!

D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We need to win tonight. Need to shut up the small ball doubters ...which includes me. But i'm also a small ball hopeful. Go Rockets!

D-rock, daywalker02, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Well, considering we've been playing inconsistently and .500 ball for 6wks straight, maybe we'll win this one. We've lost 2 in a row.... so maybe we're due for some good shooting, but it sure is frustrating to not have any faith in the team in 2020. I want to be positive, but it's been a long time since we've had real reason to outside of 1 okay week.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone always seems to have a career night against the Texans, but hopefully we won't hear that coming from the Rockets game, unless it's about one of our players.

17. Gant

Gant Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Congrats, seems he is getting younger. ;)

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wouldn't it technically be a derby if Hartenstein played?

German one.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member