1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great team victory. Parsons continues to fill up the stat-sheet and do the dirty work. We're clearly onto something with Greg Smith. Delfino's turnovers are really becoming a problem.

Youngest team in the league playing 500 basketball ...not bad at all.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Do i really need to tell you guys???? If you don't think, oh never mind you guys will never get it...

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yes, an incredible victory considering the expectations coming into this season. The way Parsons has expanded his game has been very impressive and bodes well for his future.
    I've also been surprised by how Tony Douglas has come on of late. Earlier in the season I thought he'd be little more than a Jonny Flynn repeat but he's proving to be a reliable back-up and has been strong down the stretch in recent games.

4. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Shhh, let them have their dreams.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Also, I can has Greg Smith in starting lineup? Kthnxbai.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I applaud McHale and all the other coaches. The youngest team in the league should not be 11-11, which is better than twelve other NBA teams. I was hoping for a good draft pick this year, but players and coaches play to win, and I can't fault them for that. The offense isn't pretty at this point, and the defense hasn't been very good, but we have eleven wins so they are doing something right. People can complain about coaching all they want, but the results speak for themselves. The youngest team in the league is clearly not the worst team in the league.

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

yeah! we beat lakers, celtics, blow out nicks, referees stole our victory over miami... lost to SAS in OT ....nice competitive team we have!

9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Totally agree.

10. conquistador#11

That's more of a standing ovation to our MIT grad, always acquiring players that can play in a team concept. As long as Drexler, isn't the coach the results would be equal or maybe an extra win.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

The benching of Lin tonight was very strange to say the least, McHale got lucky Toney did come through in the clutch but the other minutes in the 4th should've been Lin's to lose. I understand the reason behind playing Toney over Lin because he does tend to get up in guy's grill, is always with energy and you know what you're gonna get. Still, Lin should've gotten the opportunity to prove he could come through for the team. If not, then I have no problem if Douglas finishes the game.

Tonight there was no reason for Lin not getting a shot in the 4th. Yes, he's young but you got him to be the man so let him. His confidence is already shot, no reason to make it worse. If you want Lin to perform on a consistent basis, give him consistent minutes. Sometimes I think Lin is overthinking things because he's worried he will be taken out if he doesn't perform. It's okay to play the guys who perform well but you need to know one or two mistakes won't keep you glued to the bench.

Last year, Martin was struggling with the same thing and he was left out because defensively we had Lee and Kevin wasn't used right, shot poorly and received limited minutes because of it. It's time to break this cycle since some players do not handle it well and I have a feeling Lin isn't taking this well.

12. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

My problem with Mchale's game management is this.

Look, if you want Tony Douglas to close the game, fine.

Then plan for it and give him some rest. Theres no reason to play him 18 minutes straight to close the game. He got lucky tonight cause Douglas finished the game strong, but thats just stupid substitution and fame management in general.

You rarely see guys in the NBA (even the superstars play 18 minutes straight to close a game).

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

The Lin Smith PNR was awesome to see. Hopefully we see more of that in the future. More Greg Smith, no more Cole Aldrich.

14. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

OT

Rondo and Lin played on the same team early Feb for charity...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gne86HFLdMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Luca

Luca Member

Agreed, even fans from other forum said it that the Roxx' offense scheme is so boring and the coaches don't know how to utilise Lin & Harden to play together. Even these fans can see it.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the 4th Q Douglas did play well. The Rockets won. There's no reason to doubt Lin would have been back in the game if Douglas hadn't played so well.

Lin's assists were great in that first half. They helped the Rockets win. There's nothing to be upset about.

There's no reason to jump to conclusions and believe Lin's days are numbered. That's irrational paranoia.

Lin was never going to be a player that was the number 1 option of the team unless other people were hurt or not playing. If anyone expected otherwise they had unrealistic expectations.

The great thing about Lin is that he can step up and be the number one option from time to time, and carry the team when Harden is out. Another great thing about Lin is that he's great at the P'n'R and can work well with our personnel. He can also work great with Harden, and anyone else on the team. He's a good fit, and does a good job running the offense for the team. I wish people could be happy for Lin, and his role on the team.

17. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Is Douglas being showcased? 'Look, he's our finsihing point guard - take him'...

18. rokit

rokit Member

lol at this

toney didn't play well, that's the problem, he started hitting shots when there was like 3 minutes remaining...

19. TTNN

TTNN Member

uh, mind to clarify what is his role in the team? So that we could be happy for him for?

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

The way the coaches speak so high of him you think he'll get a maximum extension a la Harden by now.

But seriously we don't have enough PG's if either Toney or Lin is traded. Machado is not ready until he can play D. But again we are not really play much D anyway.