1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/16/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2015.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

And McHale said nothing but play harder? SMFH

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see anyone else mention this, but remember when Harden drove it on from the right baseline and just toppled over three Celtics for an offensive foul? Well Dwight was literally right on top of him and didn't even look to help him up, he was standing right over him as he fell, turned and jogged down to the other end.

I never thought I'd see stuff like that from this team, things are not going to get better anytime soon.

3. chandlerbang21

No one knows

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i remember this play as well. yup the extremely easy basketball play was just to drop it off for an easy two as Howard was wide open. The players just aren't into it right now. whether someone is going to step and try to take control remains to be seen but as of now the players are just going through the motions without caring about the results.

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

There is a theme here.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol just another day

8. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Apparently can't play Harder. Must play smarter. Apparently can't coach harder. Time to coach smarter.
    Run a play after a timeout. And stop running the play "let's give ball to other team" after calling timeout. That play is not helping our cause.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Thomas should thank Harden for a beautiful assist.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't forget about the backdoor cut by crowder with the and 1 on harden

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

KJ hustled and played with effort, which is a lot more that I can say for some of the other players.

Its been like that since Dwight arrived. Thorton has developed better chemistry with Dwight in 10 games than Harden has in 2 seasons.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

The theme is as much as Dwight gets **** on by everyone, he's probably the glue or the one person who can keep everyone together and turn this around.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i agree out of everyone he is the one but tbh I don't think everyone in that locker room truly listens to him, especially when you see the same mistakes over and over and over. somehow they gotta get back to being on the same page. hopefully this happens sooner rather then later

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have any more answers. Harden's defense has regressed. Last year it had improved. When he wasn't shooting well, he was doing a ton to help the team still.

Our defensive lapses are sickening. The second unit has no playmaker. The first unit has two playmakers.

I don't know what to do, but I'm open to trying anything different.

If we want to have a good spot in the playoff standings we probably need 55 wins in the west. That means in order to get that, the rest of our season will have to be pretty amazing. Outside of players changing their attitudes and habits, I don't know what can be done.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

What happened for the rockets organization? They did even not have a post-game show on the radio 790 after the last night game. Where is Morey? He was on the radio as soon as the rockets won a couple games to support his coach, now he is completely out of picture, what an embarrassing!

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He's declining comment, according to ESPN.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am confused too. Just like nothing happened.

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

As a professional GM, at least do something or say something.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

if anything it should be behind closed doors.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ty Lawson said he's going to speak up before Tuesday's practice about the problems. Sounds like it's time for a heart to heart.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/666466429105893377">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only the winless 76ers allow more points off turnovers than the 20.5 Rockets opponents average. The Rockets allowed 39 (!) tonight.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/666476617531691012">November 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>