1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2014.

1. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

I'm pumped for this game! Boston had a really good preseason and 1st game this will be a really good test. For the Rondo haters watch the game closely and then let me know if you think he could be a good fit with your team, he makes everyone better when he's on the floor.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What are you talking about, most everyone here would kill for Rondo.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The absence of Beverely will hurt us. I hope we will win at home, but the Celtics may win against us.

4. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

A lot of Rondo haters on the paging Cyberx thread. A lot of guys would prefer Rubio over Rondo.

Also a lot of people don't want to give up much for Rondo. I'm not saying Rondo is the best PG in the league but he is a very good one. Trading a couple of role players and probably middle of the road NO pick is just not enough.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

3-0.

Bev or not, we are winning the home opener. Harden and Howard will just kill the celtics.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rondo will get his, but this should be an easy win.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If Dwight Howard dominates the post like he did on that poor Kanter kid....then oooh-wee this is gonna be a fun home opener!

And crap man, maybe Hakeem wasn't being that hyperbolic when he said MVP year for Dwight....that one reverse-pivot, blind-side quick flick thing Howard did on the Jazz was jawdropping and very Hakeem-esque. In fact it's in most of the good Hakeem highlights that time he did that.

Seriously, Dwight's first step and spin move looking so dominant and quick right now. He looks like he went all Paleo like Lebron and slimmed down to 20 year old Dwight. His back is healthy.

8. baubo

baubo Member

I don't need to watch him for one game to know he's a bad fit. I've watched him enough over the years to conclude this. He's not a good shooter and as a bit of an assist w****, not suitable for the Rockets "when you have a good shot take it" approach.

My question has always been whether his ability trumps that lack of fit. 2-3 years ago my answer would've been an unequivocal yes. Today I'm not exactly sure. And I'm actually more interested in his defense more than his offense. I don't care how much he doesn't fit on offense if he has the ability to shut down elite PGs that is on just about every western conference playoff team.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Assists and couple of boards and steals, but he is not an elite scorer

10. Raven

Raven Member

It certainly adds another dimension to the game, the slimmest possibility that Rondo might be traded to the Rockets, though I'd be shocked if it happened.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rondo would make the game even more fluid, and graceful

It would be a thing of beauty

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Elite scorer? No, but he is very good around the rim and at midrange.

We just need to keep him out of the paint.

13. bamma

bamma Member

small sample size (aside from horrid foul shooting) he looked pretty good against the Nets and their guards are huge.

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

A healthy Rondo would be a great fit here. He was averaging a triple double in the playoffs with a frontcourt of Perkins and Big Baby. He did more dirty work than any point guard I've ever seen: grabbing rebounds, getting steals, locking down the opposing guard, and hustling all over the place. A point guard that can shoot well is a priority, but Rondo is so good at literally everything else besides shooting that I would be perfectly happy in acquiring him.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

This is why Rondo WOULD be a good fit for our team. As a PG, Rondo is supposed to be an "assist w****", and with the weapons we have on the court, mixed with his court vision, it's in his nature to give the rest of the guys "good shots", hence, ultimately, making the game that much easier. Add in his defensive abilities, makes it more of a good idea to bring him in. I, like many others that want Rondo to be on this roster, agree that his other abilities (court vision, defense, and championship experience) negates IMO, his shooting % and FT %.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think the big thing most were critical of was Rondo's health and many of them just referenced he's too injury prone and won't be healthy etc. But definitely Rondo was the more popular choice over Rubio.

17. baubo

baubo Member

Not really. The Rockets offense is predicated on attacking and putting pressure on the defense. If you look to pass, defense will play off of you and instead the passing lane if you aren't looking for your own shot. The best player is someone who makes the decision that gets the team the best possible scoring opportunity. This means passing to a big even if he'll get fouled(no assist). Or taking a layup yourself instead of passing to an open 3.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, they had a good preseason (5-3), however Rockets had a better one (6-2) while funny fact is: It is the first time the Celtics face a Western Conference team

Preseason and 1st game: All EC teams - and they dominated the BRK Nets

19. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

kjhwang - i just went over the Houston Rockets 2014-2015 Schedule and i came up with 56-26 record sounds naive but i got a good feeling about this year. We have to stay healthy and does anyone know if Pat Bev is starting tomorrow night?
    #RedRation

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

First game I'll watch live!