1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 2/9/2005

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2005.

1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Great game between the Suns and the Kings.

Nash is crazy 33 points 17 assists. Webber a triple double!

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

and this has what to do with the rockets and bulls game tomorrow? the kings are a bit out of our reach right now in the 4th spot. lets worry about the grizz in keeping the 6th spot ours alone for sure.

3. aprasla

aprasla Member

79-83 Rox win

they'll do it with some D :cool:

4. lalala902102001

OK, here's the game strategy for this game: establish Yao early inside and get Chicago's frontline in foul trouble; stop Hinrich's and Duhon's penetrations; let TMac carry us home (there is nobody on this Chicago team that can guard TMac one on one).

How we can lose this game: Chicago will come out and attack Yao right away. If Curry manages to get Yao into foul trouble, we will face a dog fight all night long. The Bulls are a very good rebounding team. They have good rebounding bigs and good rebounding guards. So the Rockets really need to stay alert on the board.

5. nxw6570

nxw6570 Member

Bulls can defeat Mavricks becasue Dallas doesn't have a match up for Curry, Dampier is a joke, but Yao can always handle curry like before.

If we can not match hinrich before, now we have Wesley, he can catch up with him.

We do have problem in the PF position, but it is not the first day we have this problem. Rockets can win when we lost in this position. And remember, JH played good recently in both end.

Last and biggest factor here is TMAC, he will be the differnece for tomorrow's rox win.

Anyway, 103-92 Rox win.

6. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

There was an article the other day discussing how the Rockets were concerned about their D the past few games, and I have to agree. The Laker game was us winning out of luck. The Lakers had us on the ropes and just could not send the knock out punch. Our offense is clicking but our D is not that good the past games. The Rockets must play well on the glass as indicated by there record when the own the glass. That and contain Hinrich, a pretty good pg.

The bulls are not a very good Defensive team so as long as we contain them to a degree we should win the game.

7. dingye

dingye Contributing Member

8. ScoobyUT

ScoobyUT Contributing Member

Rockets get their D back, we blow them out, and everyone gets Big Mac's! :D

9. _samoa_

_samoa_ Member

rox go with 29-21!
    Ming always plays well during chinese new year,but i dont know if he gets back from the flu plus 3 days rest.
    tmac will make it another win for rox.

10. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Time for TMac to get it going... needs that 3 ball to fall

11. droxford

droxford Member

I picked the Rox to win, but I'm having second thoughts...

After the Bulls spanked Dallas IN Dallas last night, they have confidence going into tonight's game. Normally, I'd say a team would be too tired to play us in such conditions, but they have young legs and are hungry.

Rockets are coming off 3 days of rest, and, with our age, we may start the game flat. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bulls take an early lead.

But Yao has dominated Curry in the past, and we have a good arsenal of weapons...

I dunno. I think I'll stick with my pick of the Rox, but I think it will be a come-from-behind win for us.

-- droxford

12. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

After exhausting themselves last night against the Mavs, maybe we will have a chance.

The Bulls have young legs plus they are probably high off that win. We are old and play no defense. But maybe our years of "basketball knowledge" above the Bulls will help us win.

T-Wolves keep losing. Lakers still without Kobe.
    Now is the time to get a foothold in that playoff spot.

We've had 3 days off to prepare.

If we dont win, shame on us.

13. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

will be a close game. it's time Tmac and Yao prove themselves. Show time, break through the bottleneck! no 4W-2L

14. MVPCrawford

MVPCrawford Member

You're kidding right? The bulls are #1 in the league in opponents field goal percentage. And they're #5 in opponents ppg. At the best, they are the 2nd best defensive team in the league. At worst, they are the 4th or 5th best defensive team in the league.

Anyway, as someone who has watched every bulls game this year, I can tell you that big wing players give the bulls fits. We have absolutely nobody to guard this type of player. Hinrich had to guard finley most of the night last night- blame Nelson for not taking advantage of it. So who can guard tmac? Not only that, but Yao seems to have Curry's number for some reason. It really should be a fairly even matchup- it must be psychological.

It all adds up to a Rockets win. Considering the hard-fought win in Dallas last night, the Rockers should be able to blow the bulls out. But the Bulls are virtually impossible to blow out. The largest margin of defeat in the last 2 months is 11 points, and that was in Miami. Rockets 96, Bulls 88.

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would of been more worried if the Bulls didn't beat the Mavericks last night, now that they did they might be happy with winning one out of two in Texas. Bulls will tire in the fourth and the Rockets will take this one.

This Bulls team reminds me of last year's Rockets, they play hard, they play great defense but they're also inconsistent on offense and they turn the ball over a lot. The only differences are that they have a lot more depth, more all around talent, but they don't have players as good as Yao or Francis, and they obviously don't have as much experience.

16. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Yao seems to always eat up the Bulls.

Rox Win Big 101 - 89

Yao - 35pts/19rebs/8blks
    Tmac - 33pts/10rebs/10assists/4stls

J

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Roxs win

The baby bulls will be spent after last nites win

Roxs 98
    Bulls 79

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

It's going to be a close one.

Rox 93
    Bulls 92

19. crazyguypete

crazyguypete Member

Checking the stats the Bulls and the Rockets are ranked almost identically in terms of both Offensive production and Defensive production... around 25th and 5th repectively... But i just dont see how anyone can guard MCgrady on that team or Yao ming....

20. Tyree

Tyree Member

ill be there tonight woohoo!!! hope for an easier victory than sundays game which i went to also