1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Chicago was 5-5 carrying a 2 game losing streak before facing us. They're not one of the better teams in the league.

2. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Robinson killed lin so Tony got extra minutes bottom line

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great to win a close one. The weaknesses are still there, but it's nice to win one at the end of the game rather than lose one. Hopefully the team will build on it.

4. rockets137

rockets137 Member

And THIS ladies and gentleman is the best post I ever read.
    Glad to find someone, who using the common sense and not bias as a fan.
    Well no player should come first than the team, well no one except Jordan or Kobe in this case.
    even Lin himself admited he was playing badly yesterday even went that far to called it a slump. Did he blamed his slump on coaches, teammate, playing time, tactic or anything ? nothing that I heard of
    Therefore, we as his fan should stop making excuses for him, especially non sense excuses, it's very pity to hear that sort of things.
    Deep down in my heart, I still believe its only matter of time before Lin will bounce back and eventually regain his mojo again somewhere before end of this season. And when that day comes, I hope all the LOH will also come out to speak the truth and stop make excuses as well.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I want to congratulate Patrick Patterson for one of his best games as a Rocket. He may not be the interior force we would like, but last night he did what he has to do, which is make his share of shots. He even made a couple of buckets from inside the paint.

6. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

yeah, can you imagine Kobe getting on to Lin!! Oh my god....that Brown death stare and then the takedown are you kidding me stare,,,:grin:

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is capable physically but not mentally. I can't trust a soft player. One simply can not change overnight.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Seriously? You do know that Les wanted Lin... Right?

Morey just got us a 23 year old shooting guard averaging 23 points a game and you are NOW starting to doubt Morey?

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dunno if it's already been stated, but my own observation is that Sampson tends to give his bench guys more minutes than McHale. Last night might not be the best example of this, but in previous games guys like Jones and Morris we're seeing the court far more with Sampson than McHale. Not just that, I feel that Sampson tends to ride the 'hot hand' more often - Morris stayed in games over starters when he was shooting well, and last night Douglas was playing much better than Lin.

10. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

After months of reading this board, I finally decided to make an account so I can give my opinion. I'm going to say it now, I started following the rockets because of lin, but I have grown to like the rockets as a WHOLE, so don't start throwing the "LOF" term k.

I'm not even going to make excuses because Lin has been playing like complete **** and it's cringe worthy to watch. He is a good person and I can't help but want to see him succeed. But his confidence is at an all time low right now and if he doesn't improve his shooting, I'm afraid he is going to be seeing the bench more often.

I'm just scared for the knicks game because if they completely **** on us and Lin is still playing the way he is, he is going to hit rock bottom and the media will crucify him. I just think some of us need to put ourselves in his shoes and see the situation from his perspective. I don't think he is not trying his best, I think he just needs time. If 25 games was a fluke and a small sample size, how is 12 games suppose to define him? His shooting you can fix eventually, but court vision, passing, and other aspects of his game are there to stay.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are you a chick tho?

12. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

Lin were playing pretty well.

3 assists and 2 points on the first 10 minutes

AND WE WERE WINNING

(only Lin and Parson scored at 7 first minutes game)

So Sampson started that terrible rotation

AND WE START LOSING

til the last minutes of 3Q, with Lin on the court

THE ONLY MOMENT ON ALL THE GAME, WE WERE LEADING BY 5 POINTS

So Sampson bench Lin and Parson, and we start losing again...

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Hey we won, Aren't you happy!

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Would love to watch a replay of this game. Anyone have a link to it?

15. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

yuppp! does that bother you? lol

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Please stop telling this lie.
    The Rockets were up by 2 in the first when Lin went to the bench.
    They increased the lead to 8 with Douglas in the game.
    They still had the lead when Lin returned and quickly lost it with him on the floor.

I know you want to blame the coaching for Lin's ineptitude, but lying doesn't help your cause.

1 person likes this.
  17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Please do the same.

On one hand you are saying that Lin was not the impact player but you never stopped singling him out as THE REASON why Rockets lost. If he is an insignificant role player like you had implied, he wouldn't have LOST the lead with his plays.

Go back and watch last night's game again. Lin did not lose the lead by himself. It was a team effort. Your unbridled hatred toward Lin is irrational.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

#1398 IzakDavid13, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  19. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

What I have a problem with is the disrespect he gets from his interim coach. And I'm not talking about the Bulls where Lin was awful. I give credit to TD who FINALLY produced something for the team. But there were at least 3 games (1 being the OT with Portland) where he benched his starting point guard, who was playing well at the time, for a journeyman point guard who is having a HORRIBLE season and whose PER is the lowest on the 12 man roster. I don't "buy" the defensive upgrade as Toney is actually a poor defender. His in-your-face style makes it easy to pick him off which happened twice in a row in the Portland OT where Lilliard drained 2 jump shots. Seems very fishy to me...

20. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Agreed.