1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. alethios

alethios Member

This ^
    [​IMG]

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Brilliant post.

I think this situation with the youngest team in the league, brand new roster, is not a good fit for Lin.

I don't think he's getting "exposed" as a scrub so much as he's getting exposed as someone who's basically very raw, inexperienced and flawed, and just can't carry a team in the way a Harden or Irving can.

Houston is too hungry... for a change and for relevance. Lin's celebrity won't be enough here. In fact, it exacerbates the situation.

I realize nobody in the NBA ever turns down money, but I think it would have been best for Lin to take the Mavs' lesser offer (I believe it was like MLE), and the Knicks match or not. Either way, there are veterans and stars on those teams. He could be, like, the 4th best player on the team, and that would work for him and hide some of his flaws while he worked on them.

3. Arthurprescott2

I think the spotlight would have followed him anywhere he went as long as he was starting. If he wanted protection from scrutiny, he would be a back-up to an all-star/vet PG right now on a semi-relevant/irrelevant team. As it is, Lin chose to take big money and big responsibilities. He's gotta live up to them at some point. That said, as many on the board have said, patience is key here. I do believe he'll turn it around; just not as quickly as we all would like.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

^^ Seemed like the Knicks plan was to have him split minutes with Nash, if they could have gotten him. Probably didn't want to pay Lin more than 3-4mil.

Man, I'm having less and less faith in Morey these days. Snatching away other teams backups...

5. sidestep

sidestep Member

Minor point, but there's no meaningful choice when there was only one contract put in front of him. The 'choice' was between signing and not signing. It's not as if he had two or more contracts he was choosing from.
    Sure he has responsibilities to his current contract, but let's not rewrite history about his choices.

6. Arthurprescott2

I am well aware sidestep (i came from knickerblogger as you did). I was referring to signing and not signing, not "rewriting history" by suggesting he had other offers (someone mentioned a Mav's MLE offer - first I've heard of it).

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Yes, but Mavs and Toronto were also interested, called his agent at the start of free agency, but I'm guessing those offers were not as enticing as Morey's. Maybe even wanted him to play back up.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

You guys are forgetting one thing...

TD only shot 1 for 4 today! Yes, that 1 was the winning shot, but now you guys are asking him to start over Lin because of 1 shot? I see how Sampson tries to cut Lin's minutes for the hell of it. Check it out. I'm about to download all the games now just to review. But my guess is that Sampson, like Woodson, constantly wants to bench Lin, no matter good or bad.

9. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Woodson never benched Lin. :rolleyes:

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

soooo.

anyone see me behind the Rockets bench tonight?

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

But he wanted to remember? When he was saying that the team should be made up of veterans etc. and young players, rookies need to be sat down or something along that line. Anyways, I see how Sampson is doing the same thing. This guy needs to go and we need to get Jerry Sloan.

12. TTNN

TTNN Member

When did Mavs give Lin an offer? Don't remember that was an option.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Ummm he systematically addressed points in a very articulate and thoughtful manner. You may not agree with what he said but don't just dismiss it as nonsense.

So can someone explain to me how he bolstered his point? I don't know it either.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yup that is how sore losers react when they can't make a good rebuttal. All u bolstered my point ... What da hell is he talking about. He got destroyed on everyone of them

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

no one cares about you, Kam :rolleyes:

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

And people like you will continue to vehementlu argue what a ****ty player he is, bringing today's game as an example. Seriously, as self righteous as u want to sound, you are as ridiculous as LOF's u mock. It takes two to tango.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

Wait a minute....You think Jeremy Lin has been playing good? Why would a coach bench a player who is playing well?

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Yea... That other backup from Chicago aint doin so hot.....

These days? Have you noticed James Harden is on our roster?

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Sorry, I read that in another post, but it's conjecture I believe.

Mavs and Toronto did call his agent at the start of free agency, but it never got anywhere because Lin's people were more interested in the Rockets. I'm assuming Morey's offer was the best. Maybe the other teams didn't even want him to start?

20. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Lakers fans crack me up. I can't believe Lin fans want him to be traded to the Lakers. Those fans would call his grandma in Taiwan with death threats if he played his bad on the Lakers.