1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Sadly you're so un-objective you don't even realize when you've lost an argument.

2. Arthurprescott2

So this is the one game I missed this season (cause I was driving for Thanksgiving). I guessed I missed a bad game by Lin?

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Whether you wish to accept that or not......it's the truth.

As has been said over and over, criticism of any player who isn't playing well is the norm at every sports message board in creation. Those who are having a hard time dealing with that fact obviously have never been on one before.

4. torocan

torocan Member

If your point is that I believe he has potential, and that you believe he's a fixed asset, then I agree.

That doesn't mean I believe that this year he's going to be better than Average to somewhat above average. However, that's not where I place his ceiling... I don't know what his ceiling is.

That's the difference.

You believe that he'll NEVER get better. I think that's silly... players who work hard get better, especially when they're young.

5. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Yeah - about 20% of the time

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Oh yeah really bad. His shooting is really the issue at hand. He had a bad game it happened I really wasn't disappointed in his bad game. His shooting is the bigger issue right now. That is really what is holding him back.

7. just a word

just a word Member

simple thoughts from a Lin fan and a Rockets fan:

yay: I'm glad the Rockets won
    yay: The chemistry is slowly getting better, ditto with defense
    yay: Harden seems better from the flu
    whoa: Tony Douglas!
    whoa: Asik blocked some shots
    whoa: Patterson rebounding
    heh: thank god for Parson's consistency
    meh: Lin could've played better
    meh: 11 TO from backcourt

Regarding the Lin discussions:
    Lin has a history of improving, he has a history of overcoming prejudice, he has bounced back from the Heat game, his life before Linsanity was about overcoming setbacks.

So please stop using the racism card, and the confidence argument, it's frankly silly and gets the LOH involved. Frankly, the LOH and LOF I feel are pretty much locked into their views, you can't change their minds. Only Lin can change their minds, and even so the LOH will probably not rest until Lin is a Hall of Famer and multiple MVP.

So why have discussions and quoting LOH when you have better things to do like quoting torocan? :grin:

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Can you quote me on that?

9. Grape_Swisha281

well now your missing my point, Lin is replaceable hence him not being on court at the end of a few close games. This team would be WAAAAY worse if not for Omer

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

I make no argument. as the truth speaks for itself.
    I just relay the facts as I understand them and share my observations.
    It just so happens that reality is on my side at the moment.
    Sorry. :cool:

11. Grape_Swisha281

PPat a lesser CWebb?

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Wow, how about that Chandler Parsons. I said before this season that if Parsons improved his 3pt shooting and his free throw shooting he would be a terrific player. He's now averaging 14pts and 7 rebounds per game and shooting 40% in three pointers and 76% in free throws. This is a fantastic improvement. If the Rockets decide to include Parsons in a trade it better be for a megastar, because Parsons is becoming a very good all round player.

13. torocan

torocan Member

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of his fame is that it brings extremes from both sides of the spectrum.

And it's not just limited to Rockets fans... it was extreme all last year on the various basketball boards. Some fans touted him from the skies, others pushed back saying he wasn't nearly as good as they thought. This often devolved into hardened positions for and against Lin.

The Rockets just happened to get swept into the maelstrom with the dramatic way they procured him from the Knicks.

In the end, neither position is terribly fair to Lin as a player. He's not an All Star yet, and he's not a scrub yet. And we won't really know what he is going to be for probably for a season or more. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop the opposing fanbases from posting strenuously for and against him.

It seems like when it comes to discussing Lin as a basketball prospect, it's hard for people to seperate Lin the Phenomenon vs Lin the young player. Usually young players get alot of rope in terms of their development. Lin's unique situation means that for some fans, he'll never be given that kind of latitude.

It is what it is. At least people are Talking about the Rockets. And one way or another, we'll all find out whether Morey got a gem or a dud.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just way too early to say definitively one way or the other.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

You torocan do you have a twitter you have to be an excellent follow.

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Here's Jeremy right now:

[​IMG]

Keith Jones looks horrible though.

16. Arthurprescott2

Sigh... You know you're bad when TD is getting 20+ of your minutes. :(

How did the 5 TO's happen? That's a pretty high number seeing as how he only played 26 mins. And no FTA? TD 8/8 on FTs? What's in the world happened?

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The way the Spurs developed Tony Parker would be ideal. They had good veterans and knew how they wanted to play, so they could bring him along gradually.

Lin is just being thrown into the fire, and the early results aren't good. This is frustrating for everyone, most of all him I'm sure. I think we should give him an opportunity to grow as a playmaker, but let it be gradual and don't keep him out on the floor if he's clearly struggling. That doesn't help the team, and I'm not even sure that it is the best thing for his long-term development.

I'd point to Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry. They've developed into very good starting PGs, but it didn't happen overnight. They went through seasons where they were part-time role players, and the coaches either played them or sat them depending on how they were performing. Lin fans are eager to see him play as a star, so they can relive the excitement of "Linsanity", but I think it would be wiser if we're more patient with him and don't try to force it. If he has that ability within him, it will eventually show.

2 people like this.
  18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Honestly the TO's & all that are really irrelevant. He had a bad game it happened. He was just sloppy out there. His bad game isn't really the issue. I just copied & pasted this from a previous thread this should hopefully explain everything. To lazy to re type. My post is #45.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=229704&page=3

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

This is very fair. Personally I don't think Sampson has as much confidence in him as he says he does. I don't know maybe I am biased everything just seems odd. I think it is Sampsons coaching style or whatever but I really don't think he is helping the situation. No I am not shouting racism just going to put that out there before anybody puts words in my mouth. Anyway like I said Fridays game will be interesting to see how he coaches.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I also think we need to be more patient with Lin. He is almost a rookie and is still learning about this Rockets team. I wish he could re-produce Linsanity in Houston but I know it's unrealistic.

Give the kid some time to grow into his job. He already has to deal with tremendous pressure because of his overnight fame.

In fact, I am giving all the young players on this year's team time to mature.

1 person likes this.