1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2006.

1. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

ALthough I am a huge Yao fan, doesnt mean i am not an equally huge houston fan :D

Ben may get more rebounds than Yao..but he is not going to stop Yao on the other end...trust me

He doesnt have TD's combo of length and agility to challenge yao effectivley..he has the agility..but yao can just shoot over him

and Yao is much stronger than he use to be

2. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

I agree!
    come on, Yao! you are the best center!

3. Matador

Matador Member

My prediction for the game with my own ode to Daryl Morrey statistical analysis:

Rockets Starters
    Yao - 9
    Howard - 3
    Battier - 5
    McGrady - 8
    Alston - 4
    6th man
    Head - 3
    Bench
    Snyder - 3
    Mutombo - 2
    Padgett - 1

Bulls Starters
    Ben W – 7
    Deng - 6
    Nocioni - 5
    Duhon - 3
    Hinrich - 7
    6th man
    Ben G - 5
    Bench
    PJ Brown - 4
    Sefolosho - 1
    Thomas - 1

Formula: (Starters x 2) + (6th man x 1.5) + (Bench x 1) + 3 for home court advantage + number of wins in last 10 games (momentum factor)

Rockets total: 76.5
    Bulls total: 72.5

Therefore, Rockets win! :)
    Matador prediction record to date: 1-2

4. kobekb

kobekb Member

Top N!
    Rox win 1:0
    VGD makes a technical ft

5. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

My prediction:

This time the Rox leads by only 10 after Q3. But they are even more hungry during Q4. They almost shut down the Bull's offence and win by over 30 points. :)

6. jeffrey523

jeffrey523 Contributing Member

NO doubt,big win~

ROX 102
    BULLS 85

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

GOING TO THE GAME!!! WOOOO HOOO!!!

8. overlook

overlook Member

Yao overwhelm Big Ben!!!

9. yaominn

yaominn Member

jvg has to adjust, if someone is hot, do something to slow him down, do not let some1 score 40 on us or score 6 uncontested 3 in a row.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Wallace poses a problem for Ming. The Bull's guards are superior, unless TMac plays SG. This is going to be a tough game to win. The crowd will be important, fire it up in the TO. The Spurs game is likely to take its toll on the team, it may take them awhile to get over it. Bottomline: I am kind of worried about this one.

11. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Rockets 100 - Bulls 90

If we can finish November at 10-5 it will be amazing. But we really, really need this one!

12. cyangmai

cyangmai Member

yao 30points,14rebounds,3blocks
    tmac 27points,7r,7assists :D

13. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

going to the game tonight...anyone here going?!

14. qiz264

qiz264 Member

just wonder if the confidence has been recovered from the last game yet. We'll see...

hope Ben will face down and be with no smile after this game.

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I think we certainly match up well against the Bulls they are real undersized against us, provided Ben Gordon doens't go nuts on us it should be a win for us. For everyone that's talking about winning out the rest of the month we still have the Piston, Wolves and Suns on the road so there is plenty of work to be done. Hopefully the Rockets have short term memory.

Rox- 94
    Bulls-87

Looking for more help from the bench, V-span and Novak will see more than 10 minutes each.

Yao on Wallace- 23pts-12reb-6blks

16. FanToronto

FanToronto Member

Could someone post that link for watching game online? My computer was crashed after Spurs game. I only can remeber "p2p" something. Thanks in advance

17. stangend77

stangend77 Member

98-90 rockets: i only have one point to make, please stop playing SCOTT PADGET. i dont know what it is aobut him (his stats usually look ok, against sa he shot for 50%) but it seems like we suck when he is out there. everytime i see him go into the game i wonder what van dummy is thinking. padget is slow and cumbersome just about the only thing he can do well is shoot 3s, and if i am not mistaken we have another player tht is better at tht. (novak) please, you stubborn a#@ try some of the talent we have rotting on the end of the bech, regardless of how they are playing at practice they couldnt have been any worse than the players out on the court tht let a 19 point lead slip away! so this is for our great :rolleyes: coach, try some of the other player you r****d, quit picking your little favorite coaches pet (bowen, padget) to play because they try hard. a certian set of skills is required to be successful to play in this league and padget HAS ONE OF THEM!!!!! so simply put pull your head out your a@# van dummy and TRY SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!! :mad:

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Can you at least spell his name right... its Padgett. There are two t's at the end of his name.

Or maybe just spelling about correctly will cut it.

How about bench being spelled with a n in the middle.

That has an a.

When showing possession as in Coach's pet... there is no e and an apostrophe is used.

Certain is spelled with an ai not ia.

Put and pull are both verbs so you can't use them sequentially "put pull your head"

New sentences start with a capital letter.

Any time you use the letter i by itself... should be capitalized... like this... I

And one ! is enough at the end of a sentence please.

P.S. If you take your time and post intelligently instead of hurrying to spit venom, it goes much more smoothly. And if English is not your first language, just consider this as me helping a fellow fan out.

P.S.S. You do get creativity points for finding a way to say "donkey" with characters that allow it through the sensors.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

MyP2P NBA schedule

20. stangend77

stangend77 Member

look man its not spitting venom, these same things have been happening since vg has come here to coach. secondly i could care less about my proper spelling this is a bbs and i care not about spelling, the misspells are due to the fact tht i am just typing fast and dont care about going back and fixing minor spelling errors, as long as you can understand wht i am trying to say. youre not getting sick of the same old mistakes despite a vastly retooled team? (one factor has stayed the same throught vg) :rolleyes: