1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/16/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2006.

1. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

bonzi is workin in gym to get in shape. ****** :D

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

JVG will just need to be more open to using his players to the best of their abilities, without overplaying them. To do this he will need to give some playing time to our deep bench. Tracy McG and YM can't win it without help from the rest of the Roster,

3. azjw

azjw Member

The Rockets won't lose 2 in a row at home court this year. Not straight forward, but a comfortable win is in sight.

4. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Rockets starts a new winning streak

104-88

GO ROCKETS

5. charming1978

charming1978 Member

I think Big Ben is much better than Yao, especially in the defence side, I think Ben will control the rebounds and we are going to lose once again. :eek:

6. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

I think you are a real rookie. :rolleyes: Have you ever seen Yao playing with Big Ben. Don't be too pessimistic. Yao will own big ben AGIAN!

7. charming1978

charming1978 Member

I can't agree more!! One of the biggest things I had expected is the good performance by bonzi and vspan. but these two guys seldom have the chance to be on the court. I can't understant why the stupid JVG is not willing to play them! :mad: :mad:

8. charming1978

charming1978 Member

I also wish we could win, but currently Yao is doing awful when he meets such big guys as TD, Ben alike, and Ben is an expert rebounder. Yao can't match him on the defence side.

9. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

yeah, apparently yao didnt play too well against detroit with big ben last year...hope he steps up and schools ben tomorrow. tmac is gonna dismantle the bulls backcourt!

ben is definitely NOT better than yao, who would actually believe that? sure, he's probably better than yao on defense, but he is an offensive dud. at least yao is a deterrent in the lane, he actually plays a role on defense whereas ben is a non factor on offense, except for putbacks :p

10. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

damn! I have to work.
    Rox win by 12

11. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Not very Charming at all

Ben's defence is overrated very overrated

he is a good help defender but so far in the season he has being outplayed by all the true centers

I would rather want Yao on defence than BEn any day of the week...seriously watch a few more games

And Yao's poor performance against Ben's Pistons is due to the Overall defence of the Pistons not just BEn

Yao would Own Ben

12. charming1978

charming1978 Member

Yao could not grab more than 10 rebounds when BIG Ben is on the court which is a piece of cake for BiG Ben! I bet it!

13. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Sounds Great! minus the losing to Suns at WCF. I say we beat the Suns and go on to beat the Heat in the NBA FINALS!

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I remember Yao has put up 20-20 numbers on Big Ben in 2004-2005 season.

15. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

quite funny since yao put up 22/20 against Ben last time

are you a rockets fan or a Ben fan?

16. charming1978

charming1978 Member

That's because we have cato who did almost all the hard work to push Ben from the basket, While this is supposed to be done by Yao, Unfurtunately we don't have cate or Hays at the moment. That's why I am worrying about.
    :D BTW, I am a rockets fan not a Yao only fan!

17. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

lets not get carried away. yao is excellent at altering shots and occasionally blocking them because of his sheer size. however, when it comes to the fundamentals like lateral movement, and anticipation, there is no way that yao is better than ben. there's a reason ben has so many defensive player of the year awards. his defense is sorely missed in detroit, as many can plainly see.

we can all be fans but lets be realistic here, you need to give players credit where credit is due

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

...as big ben is no offensive force
    shutting down hinrich and the shooters will be an issue

19. charming1978

charming1978 Member

That's perfect insight, man!! :D :D

20. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Ben obviously has much more lateral movement and agility ...he is a foot shorter for crying out loud

but ever since Yao came into the rockets...the opponents point in the key or what ever that stat is has been top 3 ....and either juwan or maurice taylor helped much in that regard

Yao is much better suited to the Houston defensive scheme is what I am trying to get at...I am not downplaying Ben's defence

he is helluva player..even though I thought Timmy got robbed with the DPOY thing

If you change Yao with Ben on our team...our defence wont get any better