1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 12/16/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2017.

1. MD_in_Training

Did I say I didn't think they can win? It was going to be tough and we had to play our guys extended minutes. I'm simply saying that risking further injury to Harden or someone else simply isn't worth it. I don't know about you, but I don't get nearly as much enjoyment out of a winning streak as I do from a chip.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Rodney Mott, Mark Ayotte, Mark Lindsay

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No, you said to give up and put in the scrubs. Champions don't learn to win championships by giving in when circumstances are tough. They win regardless. This game probably taught these guys more than giving up would save their legs.

4. MD_in_Training

Yes... put in the scrubs, because I rather Harden get rest than risk further injury. Risk of injury increases with existing injuries. If Harden didn't have a calf and knee issue, then I would say play him however many minutes we need to win.

5. don grahamleone

Doctors said he was safe to play. Your solution was to throw in the towel. Your attitude isn't championship caliber. Sometimes you just have to go for it. This was one of those times. Just eat your crow.

#THIRTEEN STRAIGHT VICTORIES

Pen15clubber and skroodup25 like this.
  6. MD_in_Training

Actually I think I'll stand by my assertion that we are better off in the long run resting our guys when injured. But thanks for your opinion.

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and if cp3 wasn't injureD it would be more like 20 STRAIGHT or something

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

It's cool, I definitely have no respect for this particular one from you. Friggin' quitter.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. MD_in_Training

I wholeheartedly care about your respect or lack thereof, breh. Cheers.

Honestly, we both want the same thing. A chip... no reason to argue over mid-season drudgery. :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if we were to only play guys who were 100% we probably wouldn't even be able to field a starting unit 70 out of 82 games. every single rotation player in the league has knick knack banged up injuries, it's part of the game and regular that contact. that's why they have medical staff to determine what's serious enough to warrant sitting out and what's just another boo boo to play through

12. MD_in_Training

That's fine, and I would agree. To an extent. It's all part of a spectrum - on the one hand you have recklessness which can predispose you to season ending injuries, and on the other hand you have over-caution which can rob you of season wins. It's just one's perspective about where the current situation lies.

I would still argue that sitting your best player (the shoulders upon whom our championship hopes are mounted) the game after he got thrown knee first into the stanchion is a wise move.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Favors and Gobert are out for tonight's game.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

We can all agree that having only 7 guys who MDA can trust meaningful minutes every night puts us at a disadvantage against GSW, Spurs, Boston, Cavs, Toronto who all have at least 10 guys their coach can trust for atleast 10 minutes a game puts the Rockets at a disadvantage thruout the season especially in the playoffs

Morey and MDA are paid the big bucks to figure this out and level the playing field

15. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Bricky Wubeo is a 6' 0" Ben Simmons

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I want brewer back