1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Harden was amazing. He always is. Defending him from the side was effective though and their bigs almost eliminated his drives.

I don't think any team is better than the Rockets right now but Bucks won paint points by almost 50 and Harden's turnovers mostly happened on drives to the basket. Capela also shot much lower percentage than usual for same reason. And those easy layups from last night would be much easier to defend with another big man or two.

Apart from Capela and Nene (who doesn't play a lot) our tallest player is James Ennis at 6'7. When we play teams with several rotation players between 6'10-7 feet, we're going to have trouble in the paint. Tucker plays a lot taller than his 6'5 but he's only one guy and who's his backup? Green? Ennis? I don't think he actually has a backup and he could use one.

Not trying to take anything away from our great roster or our great play. These Rockets have been astoundingly great. Just reminding of the maxim "you can't teach size."

With most teams our smaller lineup will dominate. With teams like MIL or NOP for a couple examples (there are more obviously) we'll struggle in the paint without a little more front-court help. I thought Clark could be that guy but apparently he's not ready.

HP3 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I don't get it either. I mean MCW was 6'10 but didnt work out, Hartenstein, our tallest player has been demoted, Nene plays part time, and no other bigs are left to be a force in such match ups. What I would give to have Anthony Davis on this team!

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ed Davis salary 4.5 million salary, affordable.

Morey is unlikely to do anything this season except luxury tax saving.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That is correct my friend

I have no doubt we’ll beat all these teams.

Rockets are playing good ball again finally, I think the last 15 games imo atleast prove the corner has been turned.

We’re on a 48 win pace and started out the year 1-5 and we’re 11-14 a month ago. That’s impressive.

Now the next 42 games we need to win 32 out of the 42 and get to 55 wins.

I think it’s super doable.

Anything more than that would be icing on the cake.

DavidRocket likes this.