1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bobcats @ Rockets 2/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2013.

1. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

:grin:I have that issue.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

10-1 is our record against East teams at home, he just forgot to specify that.

3. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Were you at the game Lucky Charm?

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lin played like Chris Paul in the first half then he played like a D-Leaguer in the 2nd half. It was an incredible transition. How does that even happen? McHale needs to grill him during the game like Pop-Parker.

5. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I think Mchale is hurting the flow of Lin's game by benching him when he was red hot in the first half. In the second half, Bobcats coach adjusted, double and triple team Lin to block his drive to the basket.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yea I was really disappointed that he didn't fire up in the 4th, well at lest he got that nice block and played ok/ok after he got bench and came back in.

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I did not go. It's a screen cap. :)

8. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Last night's game Rockets were lucky to win with 2P's help in the 4th quarter. Harden actually played patiently within the flow most of the time. Lin's rhythm was really messed up by McHale's subs, I mean it's odd. It's like taking a 5-6 minutes of hot steam sauna, then jump into cold water, then taking a 2 minutes of sauna again. I believe Lin has gained some trust from his coach, he actually let him played the last 4-5 minutes in a close game. And McHale actually put him on bench for 2 minutes, when the lead was gone, then put him back to run the offense. I think that 2-3 minutes of old Lin's driving & lost in the crowd is related to how he was used the enter game. That's the thing I hate to see Lin does it in traffic, it's like Harden's ISO, painful to watch. Coach McHale did the right thing by taking him out of the game to cool his head down, then put him back in the game to fix it.

9. novaman

novaman Member

+1.......

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Geez, so it cant be Lin's own inconsistency, it must be McHale who secretly hates Jeremy?

It cant be the bobcats that adjusted how they defend Lin?

Some of you guys are crazy, i understand your love for Jeremy, but Lin's no God.

11. zdrav

zdrav Member

This may be the first time I've seen where Lin played great in the FIRST half and bad in the second half, instead of vice versa.

Has this ever happened before?

12. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Hard to predict, but if Lin was in longer in the 1st half I think it would have been a blow out game. Twice he had to come in to help clean up things. At least Pat showed up and got the win.

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It was Lin's problem. Coach used him right. The sub was fine I think. Mostly the Bobcats keyed in on him and he wasn't able to adjust. To his somewhat defense, there is really no one to pass into, his pass to Asik inside mostly results in a turn over anyway coz Asik can't catch, but this time is Lin's fault.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

its call inconsistency on Lins part.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Lin should trademark "Linconsistency" this season like he did Linsanity last season.;)

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

The defenses just adjusted to him in the 2nd half. This is where having a good outside shot comes in handy. When teams block of your drives, being able to shoot allows you to impact the game elsewhere. I can't be to mad.

17. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lins got to be more consistent. If he were consistently playing to the level in which he has shown that he could as in "Linsanity" or even in last night's first half. Our backcourt will be crazy good. I do wish McHale would just let him play when he's feeling it, rest or not.

Last night, we played down to the Bobcats' level till they almost beat us cuz things were just too easy in the first half. It seemed like we could shut down their offense anytime we wanted. Of course, we can't play down to anyone's level, it's another lesson learned. Lets gear up for GS and hope we put people on notice that our last win streak wasn't a fluke and that we can be dangerous. A win over the Warriors will be the best thing ever. Go Rockets!

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

People act like Lin will the play the same way for the entire 48 minutes if he was never taken out. He's not a machine.

19. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Anyone know when Delfino will be back? We need him. We can't play the Bobcats every night.

Also, it's time to bench Douglas. He was awful last night and he's running around like a headless chicken.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I have to admit, Douglas' inconsistency is frustrating.