1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bobcats @ Rockets 2/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2013.

1. New

James Harden tested out far better than anyone could have expected, which will likely cause teams to pay keener attention to his athleticism in competitive workouts. Harden’s 37” max vert tied him with a player than many consider one of the best athletes at the wing position in this draft in Terrence Williams, and had his 31.5” no step vert bettered him by a full inch. This is a clear case of a player testing well above the level teams project him at. The best example of that is in Harden’s 11.10 lane agility time, which is only .01 seconds behind the time posted by arguably the quickest point guard in the NBA, Chris Paul. Harden also showed good strength on the bench, throwing up 17 reps, but also recording the highest body fat percentage amongst wings with 10.1%.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2JoBWjyiL
    http://www.draftexpress.com

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I agree 100%. I think I remember McHale or someone else saying before the season that we would probably really struggle at times on defense. It's just takes time for an entire team of young players to learn how to play team defense. And yes, if Harden ever decides to work harder on defense that's going to really help. I think Beverley is being groomed to be TD's replacement after this season, since Douglas probably won't be with the team. I've been please with Douglas, but I'm looking forward to seeing Beverley.

3. trock

trock Member

Man, if people are going to be so sensitive about criticism of their favorite players, they really should stay out of game threads. I've defended Lin plenty, but the dude played like crap in the 2nd half; of course he's going to get it in here. And yes, I've also criticized Harden, PPat, Parsons, ... maybe not Asik because he's so cuddly.

4. New

Battier was my favorite player! (until he goes to that Destined to Be THE Champion team...)

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i am not sure how they calculate USG. does it indicate who initiates offense most? if not, we shouldn't use USG exclusively to discuss anything regarding PG role. for example, with the rox playing style, a pg could have the ball in his hands less 1 sec but he initiates the offense and put the ball in right place and right time so it leads an easy pt.

6. New

Oh... You do not want to hurt Asik's feeling:p He has a face that is very different from other players at C.

7. brick

brick Member

Today's game is a little unusual due to the weakness of our bench. We got 10+ leads twice during the first half only to see them slip away. As a result, Lin had to play twice during the 2nd quarter which could be the reason that he got cold in the second half.

8. mirus

mirus Member

Knew it:p
    Still I think lin has a lot of work to do other than 3s,some things on passing ,strengths etc.hope he use all star break to practice these.

He's very good at what he's paid to do.Great timing and height for rebounds and manning in the paint.

9. New

If you study his face, he does not look like a rebounding monster:p

10. SK34

SK34 Member

Can the playoffs start already!!! I'm tired of missing all these rockets games cause they don't wanna make a freaking deal already. I feel so disconnected from the rockets this season especially the fact that we have so many new faces on this team. I seem to only care for parsons on this team. I don't are for harden, Lin, Asik for the fact that I don't get to watch them enough or I have to watch them in such a crappy stream.. And whenever I get a good stream, One of those new people just play so horribly... Sorry I needed to rant

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

nothing to do with cold in 2nd half. he became a little bit too unselfish. give up a few good 2pt scoring chances under the rim. instead he passed the ball to hope 3 balls. it is what i called passiveness. he has to remember who scores is not important and scoring 2 or 3 is not important. the important is to find the easiest way to score.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

What the team has done this year, freezing so many fans out, is disgraceful.

13. New

Perhaps fake your IP and get a league pass?

14. mirus

mirus Member

yes.he does best when he has that scoring mentality.assists will come together.i think he worries too much about getting others enough touches.

There's something else too. I think during 3q (if i'm not mistaken) our guys passes too much.

15. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

so should i say i am lucky not living in houston? i have the league pass to watch all rox games but games vs spurs.

16. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Hope Delfino's back for Tue's game against GSW.

17. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i saw that too. everything was a hot potato.

18. New

What I love about Lin is that works very hard to develop himself, and he is a smart kid. He will be a great PG, and Harden's Robin. Just do not get injured.

19. New

It sucks to have a game on ESPN or whatever channel!!! I do not have a TV... Perhaps I should buy a TV just to watch ESPN?.

20. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

If PPat can defend and rebound better he'd be a decent player to keep but it's clear that even though he did well today (awesome game) we need another defensive monster/rebounder down there if we want to take the next level.
    And I'd try out Beverley over TD a few games to see if we can have a decent backup pg.
    not the best game, but a win is a win. Let's see how we do against GSW. Go Rockets!!