1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/24/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Let's win this one for Mutombo

2. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Hi all, is there a game link?

3. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Never mind. Guess the break between games is too long for me. I do wish everybody get in the "Deke" chant Friday though.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Too early, come back tomorrow around gametime for a game link.

5. connoisseur

connoisseur Member

Change we need.
    My contemplated starting lineup for our forthcoming battle is:
    Yao(5)+Artest(4)+Battier(3)+Wafer(2)+Lowry(1)
    Please do it for Deke. Its our holy duty.
    Let's go ROX!

6. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

if the crowd is juiced we blow them out

7. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

I really just have to believe that RA and the staff did not anticipate such a strong dose of Fronting in game 2. Thought they were caught off gaurd to implement another gameplan mid-game.

But I think I heard Phil Jackson say it best a few years ago when defenses were working so hard to play Shaq with a double team in the regular season, and it was working in the 82 game season, said something like....

"I know what they are going to do, and we let them do it, why use another style of offense or give them a different look in the regular season when we know either way we will make it to the post season. When we get there, and they still play that D on the big man (Shaq) then we will bring out looks they are not ready for, and they will have no counter to it."

I just hope RA and especially Sikma-(Who is a Master of the low post offense) have a different look ready for game 3, call me naive but I really believe they will have a gameplan for it, and it will make the young Blazers confused enough trying to stop it, that they will leave the Fronting Defense and try planning for something different.

All year long I have said that something has to be done that brings Yao to the top of the Key, and puts Scola down low, a big-man High/Low that with their shooting/low post skills, should be on paper, unstoppable.

Lets see if it comes into play with something of that style to end this series.

Rockets-109
    Fronters-91

8. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Win it for Deke...
    Please prepare something for oden...
    Let him 6pf in 6 min.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I agree about Oden. It was a fluke play, but Oden definitely missed the boat by emphatically dunking it down and trying to hump the basket while Deke lay on the court in his final moment as an NBA player. If that's how he wants to begin his NBA career, by injuring a HOFer and great guy in Dikembe, then Oden is going to be a career-long villain in my book. Let's stick it to him!

10. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

I will be at the game with a Colombian import... ;) She is a hottie!

Haven't been since I was employed by the Rockets so it will be an emotional return. All the circumstances are just right for me to attend this game...

Yao...Yao...Yao...Yao...Yao...

11. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

I'll be there tomorrow with my Yao Ming throwback on and my "Win it for Deke" sign :cool:

Can't wait!

12. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Big challenge for our Rocks: Yao is the tallest player on either team, but......the next 5 tallest and biggest players are Blazers. Defense and rebounding will depend on hustle, fight, and will. I think the Rocks exceed in all three, but they'll have to prove it to the Blazers.

13. sn09

sn09 Member

Blazers will be looking to not only front, but to also foul out yao as soon as possible.
    This allows Joey and Oden to then abuse our interior which is why it is vital that Yao doesn't give away tick tacky fouls and stays strong the whole way.

I'm sure emotions will be running high for the rockets due to the Mutumbo incident and also, just because they are playing at home, which is why i hope they use all that energy to outhustle, outrebound and outwork the blazers.

There's no question that Yao has got to be more assertive, but all the other players like brooks and battier have to have more confidence in their passign abilitys so they can throw in the angle passes or the lob passes to the big fella when he's being fronted.

Lastly, i hope the refs let the game flow. :D

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I have to admit I barely have read the GARM today and have no desire to really wade through the clutter. Not that I don't care what my fellow Rockets fans think, I just want the 3rd game to get here already.

Go Rockets! :D

15. judechow

judechow Member

It's not easy. But we must win.

Do a good defense and feed the ball to Yao well. Come on~ take the victory.

16. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

A win for sure. Let's Go Rockets! :D

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

if we lose...this board will erupt on a smoking of the refs...

if we win...portland homers will go on a rampage against the refs...

so I already know the reason why we win or why we lose...(from two different perspectives though...or maybe four different views...)

18. Rockets_blood

Rockets_blood Member

I will be at the game with my little brother.
    getting pumped!

19. 1individual

1individual Member

Win 100%, but the next one I'm worried about.

20. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

It's a MUST win,we took back homecourt advantage in Portland,now it's back to Htown,we need to chin up and win this one for Mt.Mutombo!Let 'em pay for it! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.