1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/24/2009 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExJordanary

ExJordanary Member

Im worried about whos gonna mark oden when yao goes off??? deke's absence may prove to be more significant than it looks on paper

2. EricZhang

EricZhang Member

Do it for Deke! They must PAY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE!!!!! :mad:

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

^ This

4. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i hope it is so loud tomorrow my eardrums burst

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

chuck may be undersized, but he's a smarter rebounder and defender, he won't get many blocked shots, but he'll keep you out of the paint and his quick hands and quick feet allow him to do a little more, certainly the rim will be a target that the blazers will attack hard, but with defenders like battier and hayes, who have used their lack of size/athleticism in other ways, we should be okay

basically a block shot with deke is going to be a charge with chuck!

6. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If we can keep Roy from dropping 40+ on us and miss less than 10 free throws (assuming we attempt less than 30) I like our chances on Friday.

7. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

A must win game.

I look forward to it, hopefully Rockets can steal the series by two wins at home.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Believe in yourselves Rockets!
    You can win tomorrow!

9. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Our Rox will win tomorrow night. Let's do it for Sam Mack, Eldridge Recasner, Terry Teagle, Zan Tabak, Charles Jones, Roderick Rhodes!!!! Those guys are probably watching at home just like us, rooting for our boys!!

Things I'd like to c next game

1. Yao blocking Oden's shot resulting in a finger wag!!! :D
    2. Blake requiring oxygen on the bench after chasing AB :eek:
    3. Roy crying hysterically on the bench from RON and Shane's suffocating Defense ;)
    4. The 2 guys that shot CL are indentified at the game and arrested :mad:
    5. The Rox blow out the Trailblazers so bad Jeff and Marc start discussing last night's elimination on American Idol. :cool:

Go Rox!!!!!! 101-82

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I've just about had it with the 2 day rests. One is enough. The NBA is truly doing whatever it takes to extend the NBA playoffs for as long as possible.

82 regular season games? No wonder teams don't play their heart out every game?

The revenue is important...too important *dr. evil

11. mms

mms Member

Easy win. ROX by 12.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Whether the Rockets can get out of the 1st round depends on how Yao performs. If Yao can establish himself at the post, the Rockets' chance to win increases.

If the Blazers can take away Yao at the post in the rest of the series, they will win the series. The Blazers have Roy and superiority and depth in jump shooters. The Rockets can't and won't beat the Blazers with jump shots.

13. duteman

duteman Member

Man this game can not come soon enough....Rox win. Hold portland below 90pts with ease

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I've just finished watching game two of the serier and let me tell you something. If somebody had told me after the game that Yao is a 20/10 guy I'd have said he is an idiot.

Yo looked like Chuck Hayes. I don't understand it, why to play him for 31 minutes when we don't use him? Damn, sit him and let him rest. We can't pass the ball to him and he doesn't want it either. It is pathetic and for me Yao is done in the series.

That's the thing with Yao (as Clutch said on 1560). You can SHUT HIM DOWN with fronting defense every time you want. It is up to you.

Pathetic.

15. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

if yao doesn't figure out how to beat the front, we're ****ed. may be not for this game, but for the series there's no way we can win 4 more games with him scoring 6 points or whatever. I'm not very optimistic. Adelman you better have something up your sleeve.

16. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Just stop Roy Brandon and Albridge, or at least contain them, or at a minimum control one of them. Rockets are supposed to a good defense team. Artest and Battier, should "come on" stop/contain Roy.

17. redao

redao Member

it should not be that easy to front Yao.

Theoretically, Yao should be able to beat the fronting of slow footed scrubs Pryzbilla or Oden. Yao will get his star calls, hopefully..

Second, we should take advantage of the fronting.

Yao is responsible for #1. Adelman and role players are responsible for #2.

we failed both last game, and we were still in the game.

Yao is not done.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Excuse me, did you watch Game 2?

We should be able to do a lot of things theoretically. Fronting. This is not a new problem. It shouldn't be something new for coaches and Yao. Teams have done it in the past (I belive it sterted with GS) and since that time it is a way to completly shut down Yao.

Adelman knows it, they have talked about it. But what's the solution? Everybody talks about it, I have read plenty of articles (chron.com) about Rockets finding the way to overcome fronting defense. They even said they were ready before game 2. Results? Yao taiking 6 shots scoring 11 points. I mean Yao, your MAIN guy on the team.

Now, what's the problem?

1) Adelman is an idiot and he has no idea what to do when they front Yao so he doesn't do anything

2) Players are so dumb and cannot understand what Adelman is saying and they can't excetute the gameplan

We all know Yao is guilty as well.

No brother, it wasn't a problem in one game. The problem is, we know what to excatly expect from them next games and we can't do anything about that. Simply ANYTHING.

19. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Or can we??

The Blazers threw everything they had at us. I even thought I saw a sink out there at one point. They have nothing left to hide or adjust or bring in for a surprise. Its all out there on film.

How WE respond to this with 2 days to practice will tell a lot about Adelman, Yao, and the rest of the team. We knew WHAT the blazers were going to do, but not exactly HOW they were going to do it. Now we know, and Yao will probably take 10-15 shots per game for the rest of the series. Unless for some reason the Blazers get out of that 2.5 man picket fence defense they used. Then he might get upwards of 20 attempts.

#79 BucMan55, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  20. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Rockets 168 Blazers 166 Quadruple overtime. Fans at the Toy center are sober by the time the game is over. Luther Head makes all his 3s! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.