1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...who will get defensive rebounds if Howard isn't in the paint? That was the biggest problem last night.

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Seriously? He's just talking right?

otherwise...

GOODBYE MCHALE!

3. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The Rockets should win game 2. I watched the OT again and the Rockets really should've won that game especially after Aldridge fouled out. I think there will be better offensive execution, and if Howard guards Aldridge and wins the battle on the defensive glass, then I can see the Rockets winning by 6-8 points.

4. xm2x

xm2x Member

well the playoffs are all about matchups and the coaches' ability to adjust and dictate your opponent to play your style of game. Unfortunately McHale doesn't have it in him. Game 2 is win or go home. WE MUST WIN!

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Now if somebody could do a .gif or a pic of Rondo. "Oh I could have helped you guys out" "Rondo on vacation thinking about how come he ain't a Rocket. lol

6. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I can see a night of sitting on the bench for Howard after getting in early foul trouble if this happens.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have to come out aggressive from the start. Play better defense and rebound the freaking ball.

8. adobo

adobo Member

I'm quite optimistic about this game. We were outplaying them for most part of game 1. Combination of choking on the FT and silly offensive possesions, Portland getting lucky shots and questionable ref's got them over the line. If we were clearly outplayed and trailing for most of game 1 then I would be a lot more pessimistic.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no I wouldnt mind that at all - he has shot the ball well against the Blazers who leave him single covered. He missed a lot early but then improved as the game went on - the big thing was that the early ones he missed he was getting pushed and hit with no fouls being called on Lopez - I could recall at least 3-4 times early where the Blazers were able to score on mismatches because Dwight didnt get back because he was arguing with the ref in the back court about the foul that was not called.

If the refs decide to just call it as it is, Dwight will be at the line a lot or scoring real easy -- what Dwight needs to do is not lag back arguing every non-call and get back on defense quick

10. TmacOverBradley

I'd like to see Daniels get some minutes. Garcia didn't play great and I feel like he could provide a great spark.

11. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I expected a win, and even though our stars played bad for the most part we had the game in the bag and let it go. That is a positive looking forward.
    Adjustments:
    1.Find a way to slow Aldridge. Double teams, zone, find something that works. I don't think they are a great outside shooting team, so we can afford to double LA.
    2.Harden and Howard need to work on the pick and roll. When we get easy baskets is when we are at our best. Everything seemed difficult last night. Harden was settling, Howard was getting frustrated, the bench didn't pitch in aside from Lin. Pick and Roll with Harden and Howard, and I can assure you that Harden can score easily., whether it's at the line or layups, if not pass a lob to Dwight.
    3.Limit turnovers. Bad shots= turnovers. Every possession is crucial in the playoffs, and bad shots and turnovers will come back to bite you in the ass. Slow the game down on offense and create fastbreaks from defensive stops. Be smart with the basketball, and if the pass isn't there don't force it. Keep the ball moving , find the open lane, have a cutter or go hard to the hoop and look to get fouled. No foul shots in the first half killed us the first game.

I think we can beat this team the next 4 games, and I expect us to do so.
    Go Rockets!!

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It took LMA having the game of his career and a BS call in OT for the Blazers to win.

It's not likely he can average 50 points per game in this series.

The Rockets are the better team and will win.

13. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

80-90% chance we win. LA is not scoring 48 pts again and Harden is not going to shoot as inefficient as he did. Both stat lines were out of the norm so ROCKETS LESSGO!

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Jordan Hamilton needs to get some burn. If Cisco's shot is not falling he is a complete waste to have on the court.

15. JazzLakerHater

See the thing is, I'm not worried about Game 2 at all. I know we will win that game. What concerns me is the fact that we HAVE to win a Game 3 or 4 in hostile Portland. This team finished 21-20 on the road which is very mediocre for a playoff team. Now we have to win a playoff game in Portland, I'm not exactly oozing with confidence.

16. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Harden better not lay another egg.

17. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

"It's on me"

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Splitting homecourt means nothing in the end, the better team will prevail always. (unless the refs just decide to take over the series.)

Rocket fans SHOULD know this. Our past two series we were the low seed and we split with the high seed...it really didn't mean a thing did it? Both the Lakers and OKC won the series in the end.

Portland just came out, with nothing to lose, were lucky, and wanted it more. Caught these guys off guard. Rockets are awake now and I'm expecting a convincing win.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Would rather see Troy. We need a sniper if we are going to dump it down over and over.

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

BLOW out win

I think it might be a blessing we lose game 1 because
    1. It was a slap in the face to the Rockets who need a fire lit under their ass
    2. It gave Portland confidence, before they were underdogs with nothing to lose, now that they have confidence I think it will make them not fight as hard