1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmfao! I love Harden but **** that's funny

2. davli

davli Member

where is Delfino when we need him? When he hits those 3's he was unstoppable last year.

3. ChippedToothLin

Besides Harden not getting it going...

It looked like we switched our identity to focus heavily on Dwight. That's cool, but we need variety mang. Keep driving.

Expect us to get back to work in Game 3.

Unless coaching staff really is that incompetent.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Was fortunate to watch the whole game after missing Game 1 and damn, it was yet another great, close battle. I actually thought Rockets had the game after they were able to get back in the Game being down 9 points in the 3rd period, I thought it was a big momentum swing in our favour.

I have to put this one straight on Kevin McHale, and I mean everything. I actually think James Harden is struggling because of Kevin McHale and his philosophy of going to Dwight every single time. I had a feeling that our best player who happens to be Harden is now a 2nd option behind Dwight. If you are gonna rely on Dwight making post plays, good luck...

Yeah, sure, Dwight was dominant in the first half and he did put on a show, but just take a look at the score, 52-52 apiece at the half. Guys clearly aren't used to playing with Dwight being the 1st option and with personnel we have we are not winning using that formula. Offense looks stagnat and as you guys know, when we can't score we are not likely to win, even on home floor. James seems hesitant every time he has the ball, he doesn't know, should I pass it, should I shoot it? Of course let it go James, if somebody can take us to the promise land, it would have to be yourself. McHale doesn't seem to understand that. He used to be a big time post player and he forces the same formula with Dwight, even though it doesn't and will probably never work. Dwight is unique, but he is NOT a post up player by any stretch.

Rockets could have, and actually should have won those two games. We blew a big chance and now it is time to get back to our game, we have nothing to lose. I know winning in Rose Garden (I still call it Rose Garden) seems impossible right now, but they still play basketball, anything could happen.

As for Lamarcus, man can this guy ball... I can't seem to remind myself when was the last time a saw that great of a stretch by a big guy. And it is not like he is being left open, they guy is super long and he seems to make every shot turning over his right shoulder. Simply amazing. How can we defend him? Well there is nothing we can do, the guy is shooting over the top of Asik, Parsons, Jones and I would thing that's what you want, long contested jumpers. He is gonna cool off, no way he can keep this up, so in my opinion we should stick to our defensive gameplan, play him straight up. Remember, Lillard, Batum, Matthews all had a bad shooting game and Portland as a team made (only) 8 threes the entire game. The last thing you want to do is to leave those guys open, and let them gaing confidence, especially in their arena.

All in All, Go ROCKETS!, but McHale needs to go.

5. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I about lost it when Matthews strolled in for a free layup....

that to me was the worst play in the whole game....complete lack of effort.....:mad::mad:

6. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

haha, I bet matthews isn't going to say

"well if James stepped up his defence, rebounding, playmaking when his shot isn't falling, it would really benefit Houston....besides I love that free layup I got at the end of game 2....."

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its the nba playoffs and espn is showing...baseball? WHAT? 10minutes and counting...tick tock espn

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dunno why i posted that here lol woops

9. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I couldn't believe it.....man if I was on his team I'll be screaming at him right there, star player or not....

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Look at the numbers....we aren't shooting 3s in near the same volume we did during the season.

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

All of our starters scored in double figures and we still lost smh.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

That's James Har en for you.

13. Solaris

Solaris Member

lol, OKC and Westbrook just choked.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Wrong thread.

15. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Harden still has the same number of shots he had in regular season, its just that he is missing them.

16. sammo

sammo Member

i think we're gonna make it in time for the 3rd one. we always do.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Parsons is alive!!! We need to run the ball down their throat