1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It's been beaten to death what Rockets should do or change. But seriously, it's home court, and we won't shoot 0 FT in first half again, and Harden won't be 8-28 again.

We will win convincingly.

2. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

this.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Play with courage, play smart. Conquer your fear, and inner doubts. We are with you.
    GO HOUSTON ROCKETS!

4. k-money

k-money Member

The rockets HAVE to blow them out this game. Show them whos boss. Im hoping dwight and harden are extra motivated now.

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

it isnt hardens offense i am worried about as I agree he wont go 8 for 28 again

BUT i worry his defense WONT CHANGE and it was treacherous

he got punked by matthews on post ups, back door cuts and just didnt seem into it on the defensive end

EVERYONE in the NBA has offensive skills at some level and cant go to sleep on any of the Blazers. They are all very dangerous

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Wow, where did you find a picture of my old man?!?!?

1 person likes this.
  7. Clarinetmonster

Actually, anything less than a blowout would be kinda disappointing. Have some pride guys - they literally stole one from you - in your house!

8. yummyhawtsauce

Rockets will pull through. I think the last match made them mad.

ALso can someone point ot me where to see post game interviews? I did not see them posted on front page of clutch

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Game 1 could be a blessing in disguise.. but depends on how mature Portland is as a team... Everything was clicking for them and they stole HCA... They're feeling good.. But what goes up must come down, and if they have one bad game, things could start to unravel. I suppose the same could be said for the Rockets with losing Game 1... But, I feel like the Rockets are a more mature team than the Blazers.. Just wish we had better team defense. We need JVG.

10. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_-FLHKsbWkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. atwood

atwood Member

Crush the Blazers, no other option if Rockets want to go further in playoff

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

Must win obviously, or its over.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets winning the next two and taking homecourt back.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Need to attack the basket more.
    [​IMG]

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

as mad max said when the rockets were down 0-2 in 1993-4. it's time to go down shooting.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm glad there are two days off before the second game.

1. More time for Beverley, Parsons, Harden, and whoever else needs it to heal.
    2. Let the disappointment, the frustration, the anger, and most of all the indignation of what happened last night stew within you.

Portland I'm sure will know how lucky they were to pull it off and will be doing their best to try to avoid complacency, but the psychological path towards the "we got our away game win in the bag, now just win all the home games" excuse will be too enticing. The Rockets will be infused with bloodlust, and the whole building will too.

You have no idea what hornet's nest you just rattled Portland.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons said the Rockets &quot;watched everything we did wrong. We watched a lot of film.” Guess it was that sort of night and next day.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/458358114287230976">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i wonder if they cringe when they watch hardens defense and i wonder how james reacts

probably doesnt care.

19. coffeelover665

Not the Portland fans, spend the last half hour arguing with them about the impact of Dwight Howard getting tossed. Funny how they won the game and yet still cry about how they should've also gotten an apology from the NBA too. HAHAH. I'm like are you serious? I'll trade you the Win for the apology then if you cared so much, otherwise stfu. god I really want a win now.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Must win. Season is done if we lose.

Not much else to say. Need to win 2 of next 3 to survive.