1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's one thing for a player to not do well, but the head coach decides to play him 44 minutes and not even give a great shooter like Troy Daniels a shot when you consider we couldn't buy a three today?

2. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

they should make a detour in the bay area on the way to portland and steal GSWs playbook.

someone should also slap/punch harden in the face a la MJ horace grant/steve kerr. if that's too extreme, hold him down and shave his beard.

3. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Naw, I'm pretty sure it's Harden. Parsons on a lesser scale. McHale for not knowing how to adjust.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This sucks.

Harden didn't play well.

But: McHale is NOT a coach.

5. dookiester

dookiester Member

if rockets lose game 3....

Harden: Game 4 is our season. If we don't win Game 4, it will be really hard to win any more games until the 2014-2015 season.

if rockets lose game 4...

Harden: The 2014-2015 season is our season. If we don't win any games in 2014-2015, it will be really hard to win any more games until the 2015-2016 season.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

GREAT OBSERVATION JEREMY! :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lin: &quot;I think LaMarcus Aldridge is playing unstoppable right now.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/459206014571540480">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Finished Blazers-Rox. What a night for Aldridge. And what an ill-timed stretch by Harden, shooting 38.7% in last 12 games &amp; 29.8% in series</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/459206094179430400">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Hallelejah!!!

Truth Bomb right there. Well done.

8. i3artow i3aller

Harden's major fault is that he's pressing.
    This isn't the cold blooded Superstar we're used to seeing.
    I think Houston, as a whole, walked into this series thinking they'd all show out and have their way with a formidable and somehow unappreciated Portland team.

Outside of that Aldridge is having a series for the ages. He literally looks like the best player in the league right now.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

nobody did. ****. are you that dense. I'm a Lin fan and you super fans are starting to piss me off.

10. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

fingers crossed hoping

11. team5

team5 Member

If he is unstoppable, foul him and foul him hard. At least scare him. Coach tell you player how to play.

12. Clarinetmonster

No, not dense-I'm actually a college professor, but thanks for asking- just tired of people singling out the guy who played half the game. It's irritating.

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

14. team5

team5 Member

Good night guys. Believe in statistics...the season is over.

15. Andrew Wiggins

Dont worry, he will miraculously come back down to earth after this series. He will still be a great player, but it is only fitting the rockets make the greats look like the greatest of all time when we face them. Durant was unstoppable against us even though we are not that weak at the 3 and now aldridge.

16. Andrew Wiggins

Irony.

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah, Harden is a streak type shooter...great at doing a step back and putting up a successful shot. He also is good at penetrating and driving and drawing a foul BUT the refs are not giving him that in the playoffs. In fact, they are not giving Houston ANYTHING. I have seen a lot of contact on Rocket players and the refs are swallowing their whistles.Meanwhile LMA is PUSHING OFF his defender on EVERY play (go watch) and getting away with it. You can not so much as breath on this guy without hearing a whistle. And that's in Houston. It will only be worse in Portland. I would foul his arse HARD, I mean VERY HARD.No joke fouls, I mean he would know he has been fouled.

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, great statement Lin, it just just shows how weak this team is.

19. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

The only way the Rockets are going to win this series is if Jeremy Lin is empowered by the coaching staff to make plays to get easier shot opportunities for Harden/Howard/Jones and others. When he was on the floor in the first half, the ball moved and shots came easier for everyone.

When he left the game, the team's fortunes went south. Rockets led by 7 points when Lin left the game in the second quarter, and the Rockets proceeded to lose that lead. When he came back into the game later in the 3rd quarter, the Rockets were down 1 point.

In the 4th quarter, he provided 5 points and 2 assists and helped the team get a chance for a come from behind win.

20. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

You're absolutely right. I can't believe that scrub Parsons is our third option!!! He's played like ***** since the break.