1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Holy crap. I hate that we have the late game every night. Stupid Portland and their stupid time zone!!!

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

It might be a good idea for the coaching staff to forego the early morning practices and do it in the afternoon....

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yet another reason we better not face the Clippers in the postseason.

4. autoprt

autoprt Member

i hope the clips get knocked off. just like spurs couldn't beat us this year we can't beat the clips.

5. Raven

Raven Member

You know, it's really got to sting the Blazers that one extra regular season victory would have gotten them home court. :grin:

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope we see a lot of Asik on LMA. He shuts him down completely sometimes

7. chandlerbang21

Portland will win game one. Rockets have been very inconsistent on offense and defense.

8. roadstone

roadstone Member

I'll be there in section 111! I really hope they put playoff shirts on every single seat again.

9. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Hope Rox don't lay an egg on Easter Sunday.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sweep

Rox in 4!

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

This series will certainly test the "momentum" theory. Big "Mo" is all on the side of the Blazers. They have been looking better, playing harder, winning more. With a few exceptions the Rockets have stumbled through the last weeks of the season, nagging injuries and all. Can they "flip the switch" for the playoffs. The intensity of the first game will tell the story. Portland can get back home court in just one game. One thing we know, for most NBA teams the regular season match up record means nothing in the playoffs. It truly is the second season.

12. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

This video got me really pumped up! Good job Panda23!

Championship or bust! screw all you naysayers!!

13. torocan

torocan Member

Could be worse. The Spurs are the defending WCF champs and don't get a single game on ABC or ESPN.

As schedules go, we're actually getting a decent shake.

14. count_dough-ku

I think Portland's recent run is a little deceptive. Since that 2nd 5 game road trip of theirs, their opponents have been mostly lottery bound or had nothing to play for(the Clippers last night). They've had zero B2Bs. Their games have all been at home except for trips to the Lakers and Jazz(the 2 worst teams in the West). And they've been healthy.

Give them credit for winning nearly every one of them, but they also should've won those games unless they didn't bother to show up.

1 person likes this.
  15. Yellow

Yellow Member

Games better not go to OT!!!

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets will blow the blazers out game one watch... Rockets have more playoff experience Lillard will be she'll shocked we are at home and our stars will play harder. We know what's up Portland coach is even a rookie man.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I will be there too!!!! I just hope they have shirts in section 408 lol. If not hopefully I can get one at the door. Did they announce what the shirts will say. I think I saw something like this is H-town that would be sick

18. count_dough-ku

I hope you're right. I like the Rockets in this series, but I honestly don't know what to expect in Game 1. The Blazers have been playing better than the Rockets lately and that last game at Toyota Center was brutal for 3 1/2 quarters. Then again, the Rockets have way more playoff experience and you know the crowd will be intense on Sunday(barring another 10-1 deficit early on like last time).

19. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

good stuff

20. conquistador#11

ugh i can see every game getting delayed an hour for 'broadcast reasons'. =(