1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Get your "Zero D' Harden jersey while they're HOT!

[​IMG]

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden about the lack of ball movement down the stretch: &quot;That goes to myself. I have to not be so ball hawking. I have to do a better job.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/458338615777439744">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

Maybe the emphasis should be on defense, huh Harden? Huh? Maybe defense? DEFENSE?! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Naw, they probably talked about it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>NBA issues statement on Houston-Portland Game 1: Foul on Dwight Howard w/ 10.8 seconds left in OT should've been called on Joel Freeland.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/458339504861229056">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. hltiki

hltiki Member

his entire mindset is on offense.

His offense will be there, effective and efficient so long as he is playing D

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wish they wouldn't even bother. All it does is make the loss more frustrating.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

:mad:

8. Fighton

Fighton Member

it actually would've been nice if he was ball "hawking" instead of "hogging"...

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

from being down 1 and going to the line to shoot two (granted it was one of our worst FT shooters but he had hit what his previous 4-5 though?)

the worst thing about the call was the ref who called it was so emphatic on saying it was a foul on Dwight - like there was no way that couldn't have been a more obvious foul on Dwight in his eyes.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Whoa! Not that any of us disagree, but they're admitting a HUGE flipping call there.

11. Fighton

Fighton Member

in a playoff game where EVERY game counts, this is simply unacceptable. that was the game, right there. don't understand how the officiating can be so bad in such critical games. don't they rate and grade the officials internally and only let the good ones work the playoffs? not just this call, but the overall officiating last night was just not up to par for a playoff game.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I knew they're going to come out with this shyt as i said right after the game. They should punished these mfckng refs for making the errors. What they should do is give the refs some sort of punishment like if you make 2 or 3 errors in the Playoffs games, they're dismissed from further referring. How can 3 fcnking refs see the same thing....no fckng way!!

13. Clarinetmonster

Good news:

Matt Moore CBS ‏@MattMooreCBS 1h

Report: MRI shows no further structural damage, Beverley set to play Game 2

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Maybe everything under 2minutes should be reviewable, this will solve everything and make the game fair. They screwed up in the Clippers game and now they screwed us up as well. And these are crucial calls...it can mean the difference between winning and losing.

15. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

This one is so much worse than CP3's vs the Warriors. That one was just a TO to the other team while the Warriors were up 2. For the Rockets, we were tied and the foul call have THEM FTs instead of us. HUGE FLIP!

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Before the opening tip of Sunday’s game pitting the Portland Trail Blazers against the Houston Rockets, current Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge walked over to the broadcast table with one thing on his mind – being the best.

Aldridge crept up on current Rockets broadcaster and Trail Blazers legend Clyde Drexler and told him that he was coming for all of his postseason records.

Of course, Aldridge was just joking as the two shared friendly banter, but little did either know that in just a matter of hours, records would indeed fall.

“When I walked by him I said ‘I’m coming for you’ and I meant in every stat possible,” said Aldridge. “He said I still have some work to do, but he said I could do it. I was joking with him about trying to break all of his records.”

Aldridge poured in 46-points during the Blazers overtime loss, though obviously would have preferred to do so in a winning effort.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/21/nba-playoffs-2014-blazers-lamarcus-aldridge-predicted-record-breaking-game/#!FfmOb

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@WojYahooNBA: Rockets were trailing by point, and Howard would've been shooting two free throws. Freeland made one of two FT's. Harden missed J at buzzer.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This Rockets team has always been high on assist/game...but last night, it wasn't close. This tells me they're ballhogging and taking quick shots and not playing team ball. Harden even admit to that.

19. clippy

clippy Member

They were equally bad. The Clippers game was under 24s left so instead of going to the line with a chance to tie, Clipps had to foul and go down 4 (actually 3 since he missed one). In your game, you were down 1 so instead of going to the line to tie or go up 1 (with Dwight could have easily been two misses too), you sent them to the line to go down 3 (actually 2 since he missed one). Same thing, same empty apology. Refs suck.

20. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Why do you keep telling us about the Clippers here and also talking down on us along the way? No one cares about your team which will be swept by the Warriors.