1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 3/9/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Patrick Beverley's sort of a clone from the DNA of Mad Max and Super Mario, tossed into a blender, and subtracting several inches in height.

I'll take it!

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

any replay of matthews hack on lin at end of 1st half?

3. Philip_Pines

Philip_Pines Member

4. Philip_Pines

Philip_Pines Member

Sorry, here's a better view:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/trailblazers">@trailblazers</a> Deal.</p>&mdash; Indiana Pacers (@Pacers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Pacers/statuses/425390089615581184">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i have to admit. i turned off the game in the final few seconds after it looked like Portland was gonna win. Bill was like, "and that will do it", and i turned off the TV in disappointment. We were so close ...wait ...you mean we won? in OT?

yeah ...I'm the big moron.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Never give up on the Rockets!

7. torocan

torocan Member

Last year taught me never to count the Rockets out. SO many games where they came from behind and big deficits in the 4th quarter... you just can't count out a team with an explosive offense.

Just like Portland, the Rockets are scary as they can turn the game on a dime. Even though Portland lost to Dallas, that they *COULD* make a comeback from 30 points down and take the lead makes them a very unpredictable and scary team.

If the Rockets aren't 15+ points down with 60s to go, I'll stick it out. You just can't count this team out. Games that are out of reach for many other teams are still within reach for the Rockets.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yeap, just an awesome save by Lin. Count in the clutch shots he made through out the 4th and OT and he was just awesome. Add in great defensive plays and steals by Bev, the Clutchs and Smarts by Harden. Just overall an incredible comeback. You can hear it in Harden voice at the end in his interview. He was lost for words and how many times did he tried his best to said how big a WE win that was... never once he mentioned "I" when the dude carried us with his unbelievable plays. Total team effort at the end. I never been more impressed by Harden than in this game. Dude is getting it.

9. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I can't wait to see the beverley vs. Westbrook showdown. Clutch, please another thread!

10. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

He's an energy player. Wasn't that impressed with his actual defense though. Lillard got off on him, especially later in the game. I think he was the only player who was getting caught letting his man get open 3 point shots. He did benefit at least twice from favorable officiating calls.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Look again.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201403090HOU.html

Lillard handle 25% of the offensive load for Portland and turned the ball over 32% of the time.

His offensive rating for the game was just 99.

He was manhandled last night.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:10582262&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Lillard himself said he was "tied up" all game. That poster is never going to credit Bev for anything, though....

14. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Dame had 7 TOs

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

For real?

17. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

if mchale would put dwight on him and asik on lopez, we can shut that down real quick.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

19. champagneben

champagneben Member

Proud as a MFer

Many of you might not know I'm a Rockets fan because I don't gush about it like many teenage girls gush about their chihuahua or conservatives gush about gun control. But I am. I'm faithful to this team and have been since 1991, to the point that I haven't missed a game this season. Last night's win infused Red Nation with incredible pride; we have that old familiar feeling again. Our team wields a marvelous heart as you can see in this photo. They are a beautiful example of what you can accomplish when you work as a team and support those around you to the fullest extent. Their example can be an inspiration to all walks of life.

To what heights can we achieve?

1 person likes this.
  20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can someone tweet dawk ins to make a harden/lin highlight vid?
    will rep!