1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

No it's degrated by you with the name calling. So some people disagree with you you don't need to call them names.

2. Postcall

Postcall Member

Step 1.Blow it up this team needs to start over.
    Step 2. ???????????
    Step 3. Championship

3. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Yep. At least we have won 2 games.Lakers 0-3 and they have 4 star players:rolleyes:

4. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Think of how much better this team is going to be when you have a low post presence that you can play from inside-out with...

5. ahhh

ahhh Member

registered just so i can post...

seriously people?

the game is on mchale alone.

- the bench had their best night
    - asik played as expected (all defense, no offense)
    - lin played as expected and had good defense and passing but got tired
    - harden is still harden shooting insanely well until he lost his legs. he's still a freaking monster.

as for who mchale plays and what rotation i'm sure he has more experience so that's debatable, plus players are too inconsistent anyways to form a formidable argument. but NO TIME OUT BEFORE THE LAST POSSESSION?!!! SERIOUSLY!??????????????????

the problem is that as the games progressed, mchale changed his playbook and gave harden the "superstar treatment", with superstar responsibilities, a role harden's not used to coming from okc. "the man" never has to try to be the man when he knows he IS the man regardless.

during game 1 lin was aggressive on offense because he wasn't sure how much of the responsibility would be shared, but now he's ready to just unload 100% of it onto harden, and it doesn't help that mchale is encouraging this mentality, i mean his plays speak for themselves, this is not how you utilize the harden-lin combo.

the burden to win should be shared right now in the young team, including the PFs. it will eventually be on harden mostly but lin should always still feel some of the pressure, it's what makes him better than average, because skill-wise he's just average. trust me, any basketball player would WANT to take that last shot.

right now all of the players including the coach are playing like they expect harden to just bail them out.

6. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Another Mchale could have done was gone small and put Harden on Batum, Lin on Mathews and left Douglas on Lillard. Lin is sometimes better suited guarding two's anyway.

7. DDuana

DDuana Member

Yeah, what is up with all the knee-jerk reactions and hating on individual players. It was a fun game and I was really entertained, and sometimes someone get hot and drop a bunch of threes, just look at Delfino a couple of games ago. No big deal. With a hot streak like that, I am pretty sure not many teams can come back in overtime.

That being said, develop the bench and the rookies, McHale!!! Harden cannot bail out the team the entire season!!! And what is up with camping Lin at the 3? Lin is not Novak or Martin. Get Lin and Harden to play off each other.

8. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Asik needs to start making his shots, also chandler needs to work on those three chandler needs to get it together. but for the youngest team in the NBA and having nothing but new faces not bad but improvement is a must

9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

LaMarcus Aldridge pissed me off tonight. But, damn, if he were a Rocket...

10. ahhh

ahhh Member

chill.

harden's shots first half were great.
    lin's defense/passing first half was great.

they were tired. the team only has 2 scorers and a rebounder. obviously when the 2 scorers don't score as much you get balls flailing away from the rebounder but never finding the basket. that's why we have the cap room for a PF superstar.

i know it just hurts because we actually played well this game overall. if mchale actually tried to be a coach instead of just expecting our backcourt to bail him out, then we would've won.

who doesn't call a time out on the last possession with a young team? also his approach to put all the responsibility on offense on harden alone and have lin on the wings is just wrong. the reason they are lethal is because they share the ball or both have an attacking mentality. having lin on the wings encourages his passive mentality.

11. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

BEST GIF EVER! I can't help smiling when I look at this. This should headline the post game thread of every loss.

12. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I was fortunate enough to get a cold on Wednesday, so I've been stuck at home for the last several days watching League Pass, rooting for the Rockets and Nuggets, and trolling Clutchfans. It's been a great intro to the 2012 NBA season, and I've had a fun time here.

Even Speigel's meltdown was entertaining. Once you start calling people "Nazis," you've lost it, and need to get some fresh air. This is basketball, it's entertainment. Once it becomes a religion, you might want to do yourself a favor, and possible find other hobbies to balance out the fanaticism.

I think this is a very exciting team the Rockets have, and I'll be rooting for them to win the next 79 games (minus the games against the Nugs, I don't know how my allegiances will work during that game, but we'll find out on Wednesday).

I'm an old dude, so I don't have time to live on these forums. Back to the grind on Monday, and I hope you guys have a lot of FUN for the rest of the season. I'm out of here. Go Rockets!

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He messed up there. Should have drove to the basket sooner.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He scored 27 points on 29 shots.

15. HoustonRockets7

HoustonRockets7 New Member

Hi all people,I'm french fans of Rockets.I'm very very sad to the loose tonight :'( .I want to know why Mchale left on the bench jones and machado?Asik is very very good in defense but in offense he misses the unforgivable!

I would like know if he have french fans or people speaking french?

Thanks and lets go Rockets!!!

ps: sorry for my english

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He's been terrible. I don't know why he is trying to create so much also, he's not that good at it.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

On a positive note, my daughter got out of hospital in time to watch the Rockets Home opener...

[​IMG]

She's still wearing the hospital ID bracelet.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Good to her. Hope she is doing good.

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

McFail needs to stop coaching the team like we're contending for a title this year, because we're not. There's no reason why any player should already be physically exhausted this early in the season considering all the young legs we have. He's yet to give minutes to 3 of our rookies that were supposed to be key pieces of our future.

20. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

only to the Lakers