1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

The only main criticism i have is why not put Cook in at one point. The bench is so important and thats what really helped the rockets win alot of games last year without a superstar. Mchale really needs to figure out this rotation and properly sub out players to give others like Asik, Harden, and Lin a rest.

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

It does however matter to those worried about the Thunder getting a top 5 pick in 2013.

Harden is the man but prolly coulda been had for just Martin, Lamb and the mavs #1

*shrugs*

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

this game is clearly on coach.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lowry is gone and good riddence. he didnt wanna be here so good by and enjoy torontos ice cold city. Plus his lotto pick was the main reason we landed a franchise player.

5. Champ06

Champ06 Member

What I find disturbing is Lin does not drive to the basket as much as when he was in NY. Is he afraid that he may get injured again?

1 person likes this.
  6. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

we were stolen by the refs...

and our starters were too tired at 4 quarter

7. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

We know how great Harden is but I feel the Rockets are slowly turning into an ISO team.

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Did you see what Presti demanded for Harden, that pick was a main cog in getting Harden

9. Gil

Gil Member

The two wins before today were simply fools gold. McHale is a terrible coach and the sooner he's fired the better for this Franchise.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Hahahah good one...

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This is what happens when your 4s and 5s are offensively inept..

12. javguy

javguy Member

LOHs are out in full force tonight.

Anyhow, I'm dissapointed with the rotations by McHale. Aldrich played very well in the 2nd quarter then totally disappeared after that. Morris played well and was gone as well.

You'd think that playing B2B nights some of the fresh rookie legs would get some action but no......

13. me005

me005 Member

Blame McHale: Should have call time out to set up the last play. Why OT?
    Blame Harden: Too much 1 on 1 in the 4th, no ball movement
    Blame Lin: Stay with your man, overhelped defence
    Blame Asik: Put back your offensive rebound or pass back to the perimeter
    Blame the officials: Missed calls

Blame it on the bias comments, hurting the team spirit

Don't blame anyone: It is a learning process. Move on to the next game.

1 person likes this.
  14. pacmania

pacmania Member

I wonder if Kevin Mchale was coaching the Blazers whether or not he would've given Damian Lillard significant playing time?

15. conquistador#11

5/26 from 3 point land. either make more or don't take as many. that's just killer.

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I think having harden is affecting his play. He just seemed to be content and watching harden do his thing. He needs to do more of his AND 1 play he did at the end of the game. That is what made Linsanity so successful

17. Gil

Gil Member

He's being a p***y, plain and simple.

That's the one thing he excels at yet he keeps relying on jump shots.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I remember 2 years ago (2010-2011), when the Rockets played the Knicks, Chuck Hayes played very solid defense on Amar'e Stoudemire and everyone blew up on Clutchfans calling him a phenomenal defender.

Amar'e scored 25 points on 19 shots that night.

Tonight? People are saying PPat got "killed by Aldridge."

Aldridge scored 27 points on 29 shots tonight.

PPat played very solid defense on Aldridge, ESPECIALLY in the post. He was in great position a lot of the time. Aldridge hit some mid-range jumpers (the least efficient shot in basketball), but other than that PPat defended well.

19. awarde2

awarde2 Member

I can't believe people looking to blame the loss of the games on the players. This was a coaching loss. Mchale should have called a TO before we went into OT. That would have broken up the momentum, and all we had to do was let the clock run down. Everybody is quick to blame Lin. Lin was just following what Mchale told him to do. Also the game should have never went into OT. People please get some b-ball knowledge before you speak. Lin had the freedom in NY when DToni was coach to call the plays, not here. The offense runs thru Harden, which tonight he used lots of poor judgement tonight. So as I said before the we lost the game because of poor coaching

20. windwave

windwave Member

Our bench outscore theirs 23-6, and they are playing back-to-back as well and this one the road. We just played bad today and there's no other excuses.
    Expect to lose a lot when Harden is not playing like the previous 2 games, he's the our only legit scoring option.