1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. StripedPajamas

I'm curious to see how Aldridge does. Patterson played very well on Josh Smith down in the post last night. I think it will all come down to Aldridge's jump shot tonight.

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

You will.... Damien Lillard.

3. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Haven't been counting down the hours to the next Rockets game like this in a long time.

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I liked Livingston as well. it's pretty hard for us looking to know all the reasons it fell this way. Come on Douglas, light up Portland for 15 on 12 tonight and shut us up please.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I know it won't happen but this might actually be the ideal team for DMo to get some playing time against. LA is not the most physical of post players and he might not find it as easy to shoot over the top of DMo as he will against 2Pat. Plus, DMo dominated Leonard in the summer.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I hear ya. Out come the pom poms! Think we'll roll over to Jakes Philly Steaks for the game...and suck up some of those cheap seats for Wed night. Oh my gawd this is crazy fun.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

I know right? Didn't say anything about TonyD but he needs to do something before I say anything :cool:

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we had Batum and LMA on this team, we would be a dynasty.

Too bad they're untouchable.

9. valorita

valorita Member

Keys to tonight's game

- Push the tempo. They are also coming off a hard game against OKC last night.
    - Attack Lillard defensively. Make him spend a ton of energy and fouls on that end.
    - Guard the 3 point shooters even at the expense of LMA single coverage.

10. torocan

torocan Member

Are we there yet?

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They aren't untouchable. They aren't going anywhere today, but that could change within a year.

12. poonie

poonie Contributing Member

does anyone notice Calderon just grabbed the ball and ran away, like nothing happened?

13. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

The question is, LMA the last piece that this team needs? And would he command a max contract?

I do think we are a low post star away from being a contender, so it will be interesting to see who we go after with all of our cap space.

14. Gil

Gil Member

Lin's going to get outclassed by Lillard today. That kid is special. Future Top 10 PG.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Outrebound Blazers, 3-0. I believe our crowd will give us 3-0 too.

16. torocan

torocan Member

Sample size *COUGH*

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Your kidding me right now. Future top 10 PG after 2 games. This kind of logic just blows my mind.

18. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Sure, he has looked good so far, but what I don't understand is why you have to throw in "Lin's going to get outclassed...". It's not like he's underperformed so far or anything. In fact, he's played very well. I just don't understand people like you, it's like you WANT that to happen, jesus.

19. formido

formido Member

You mean like Kyrie outclassed him last year?

20. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I get the feeling that both team starters will be energy-less for a while and may be playing with Adrenaline in the 4th quarter. So for sure we'll have an exciting 4th quarter. I believe both teams starters will make a lot of mistakes which will even out.

This is why I think we have a big chance of losing because I think that the key for this match is the bench who are still full of energy. The bench that's better will be the difference maker and we know how our bench is fairing at the moment >_>.