1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/20/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

...............................You are dreaming, PG without play making skill would not become a worthy starter in the NBA.

2. The Jabberwock

OK, I'm sorry. Sarcasm off it is (I misinterpreted your response, I guess :confused:).

Thing is that in the game I refered to (Dec 12th) we didn't have Asik at all (nor Smith nor DMo).
    Follow the link to the boxscore and see - We had an 8 player rotation, with only Lin Casspi and Garcia from the bench!

Omri only played 16.5 minutes that night, and I believe he wasn't guarding LMA most of the time (it was either Dwight or Jones who defended him).

Still - the LINEUP with Casspi as PF shared the court with LMA for 11.5 minutes, limitting him to 7pt (4 from the field and 3 from the line).

Other lineups shared the court with LMA much longer (30 min), but allowed him to score 24pt (He was 31overall that night).

So you're right about the tough job to contain the guy, and it's true that Omri is not ideal for that, but I just wanted to shoe you that LMA wasn't burning our smaller and bench lineups at all - not worse than the starters anyway...

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We match-up well against the Blazers. Last game they hit ALL their jump shots and still only pulled away late in the 4th. This time it's an away game, and we're that much more motivated.

4. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets forward Terrence Jones has a deep thigh bruise. Will be a game-time decision tonight vs. Portland.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/425308595811405824">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. eman

eman Contributing Member

Oh Lord. :(

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Same injury as Asik. I guess he'll be out until at least after All-star break, then.

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No!

Thank you for your words of encouragement....
    ;)

9. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Not the game day morning news you want to hear............

10. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

We need to get Phoenix's Medical Staff or something ):

11. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

where is Omer, we need you, please suit up and play!

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good Lord those bruises! We need TJ for this one.

I hope McHale goes through Dwight early. We need to get the inside game established early on.

I say we win this one in a squeaker. It's a statement game. We have to be up for the challenge against the best in the West.

13. s.b713

s.b713 Member

If the Rockets want to prove they're for real, tonight its a good step towards that. The embarrassing lost to IND&OKC must've left a bad taste on their mouth. I predict we win by 10 tonight

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Houston seems to change starting lineup every week. Portland's starting five have started every game this season.</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/425312022910091264">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Normalus

Normalus Member

That sucks, but DMo better be ready to step-up today if TJones is out.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

and add Jones' thigh injury...sigh

My original response to Jones' injury: ")&$#*$)(%#$!!!! AGAIN!!!@!!

17. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

I guess we'll see Howard+DMo twin towers tonight

18. afk

afk Member

Unless Greg Smith is back, Dmo is mostly on 5 duty. I hope Howard doesn't get into foul trouble this game.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Just when TJones was playing well ... sigh

DMo has to be up to the challenge. Just make the game respectable. None of those scoring droughts, pls.

20. Normalus

Normalus Member

You should be much worried about DMo, because I don't imagine Casspi guarding Lopez or Aldridge.

But c'mon guys, Terrence will play. Stay positive!