1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/15/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Having him wreck regular seasons is not the issue here. Harden owns the regular season. He's the best regular season player of our generation possibly.

Those severe defencies I showed show their ugly head in the playoffs.

There is a reason why Harden has one of the largest negative deltas of any superstar guard in terms of scoring efficiency between the regular season and the playoffs. His style of "I only try putting in effort when I iso ball" doesn't work in the playoffs.

shlhl likes this.
  2. Mr. Space City

OF COURSE Gary Clark has 10 points (4/6 FG, 2/4 3PT) in 20 minutes for the Magic lmfaoooo

#luxurytaxsavings

#942 Mr. Space City, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Tfor3, B-Bob and Remlap like this.
  3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

its crazy how eveeyone can sacrifice some of their game except harden. its no reason for harden to try n get 40 every night when.russ gordon clint on this team.

how bout we try to play better defense n move the ball. a 3rd pass not just the first pass n shot.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. shlhl

shlhl Member

He probably got fired soon.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If there is one thing that is clear is that I am glad the Rockets didn't renew Mike D's contract. I've loved his stint here, but sadly his refusal of trying new things sucks when we can't shoot and can't defend.

Isiah went in for a few seconds, fouled Whiteside when he struggled to box him out the one defensive play he got play and he just got automatically benched. It's frustrating that Isiah has actually played well and proven he deserves real back up minutes, but Mike has a short leash on him.

The leash is way too long on House, probably need to play Mac more. He is giving us offensive production and although he doesn't have the greatest defensive discipline, he does hustle and does his best to play good D. Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give Clemons some minutes. We need shooting, so just find him minutes.

Overall, it sucks having Westbrook and Harden on the team and not being good enough. All these years building to beat the Warriors and suddenly they are out of the picture and we aren't real contenders.

The defense was really my concern this whole season because at least if we weren't shooting well, I had hope we can win games on the defensive end. I knew we wouldn't be a good defensive team, but it sucks that a team full of veterans can't find that gear they need to be a championship team. If they at least cared and they still suck, I could respect that, but they aren't trying.

Better hope we don't have a "team meeting".

bro2044 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

where's the players only meeting thread

B-Bob and Ramo$e like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Have you seen how the other teams have been guarding Harden this year? He's been getting doubled teamed at half court for most of the game. I've never seen another team do that to another player... even when Michael Jordan was playing. He can't cut or move to the basket if he's at half court with 2 guys holding on to him. Have you seen how much attention he gets as soon as he drives to the paint.... literally 3 guys are on him to force him to take a shot or force him to pass it out. Even if he cuts or moves about when Westbrook has it, 2 or 3 other guys will quickly turn their attention to Harden. The other teams knows if you stop Harden, you stop the Rockets from winning.

So what you're saying isn't that simple. Now if Harden or Westbrook had decent support and players who could shoot consistently, we would be winning games and winning the title..... and we wouldn't be having this conversation. As I said, you're so quick to turn on Harden and to changing our style as soon as we lose games. But you're never here when Harden is carrying us to wins.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Might as well stick a dagger on the season. Player only meetings, that's no good.

Imanimal, B-Bob and Sajan like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's ok. the locker room is filled with a tight knit friend group this year. more than ever so cf's was told

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This doesn't sound like a players only. Coaches probably involved too. I think that kind of thing is good for us. We need to get on the same page.

12. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

I wonder how Harden took it when they told him the dribble, dribble **** ain’t gone work? Lmaooo

bro2044 likes this.
  13. realonemo

realonemo Member

I don't respect lebron for calling out his teammates or crying for help every f#cking year. Give me a break.

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

And yet he's been more efficient and has a better true shooting % than Kobe does in the playoffs.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I wonder how it looked when Westbrook told him that.

16. fchowd0311

You can't compare ts% in different eras. Harden drops his ts% significantly from his regular season to post season.

Kobe doesn't.

17. fchowd0311

I'm referring to on court stuff.

18. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

I guarantee you Russ told him about that. I actually could see House doing the same. The way Harden looked in that interview, you could definitely see he felt some type of way about whatever was said. I kinda think the “ dribble, dribble” is the elephant in the room. Lol

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I will be honest. This rockets team as constructed with MDA leading us, is not going anywhere. I would not be shocked at a first around exit.
    and quite frankly, I am extremely bored watching them play. I find that it can’t be my main source of entertainment..I have to fiddle with something else. yawn.

it’s the same plays..harden dribbles for a while..step back.
    harden passes off to capela who tries some weird ass acrobat **** and turns it over.
    It’s Westbrook bricking shot after shot or blowing layups because his mind is faster than his body.
    Lower your expectations people. There are at least 10 teams better than us right now.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. realonemo

realonemo Member

Kobe is clutch

Kobe in game 7 vs Rockets without TMac or Yao: 14 points on 33%
    Kobe in game 7 vs Celtics: 23 points on 25%
    Kobe in the final 2 games vs Pacers in 2000: 17 PPG on 26%
    Kobe in the final 2 games vs Celtics on 2008: 24 PPG on 35%
    Kobe in game 5 vs Pistons 2004: 24 points on 33%