1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/15/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Tilman & Morey watching this sinking ship... WTF were they expecting with this rag tag group of old/bottom tier talent roster... You can only milk so much out of your superstar to carry you putting up historic numbers. This team has so many holes yet the brilliance of James masked most of the deficiencies.

topfive likes this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Fire Tillman
    would be the best thing ever but sad that we can’t overthrow him.

Fire D’Antoni is been how many games and still can’t get some offensive schemes to help Harden on double teams. If Harden doesn’t iso what else does he plan for ??

trade or cut Nene, green and Thabo. Wish it didn’t come to this on the first two but we badly need healthy bodies that can help.

trade House
    trade Clint get something in return. 2 okay players
    If we trade Clint maybe Gordon as well. He is getting slow and can’t finished up close.

——-

Last resort
    just blow it up. Lol. So sad to say it but if they owner won’t spend money and things are this tight. Just blow it up.

trade Harden Russ and Fire MDA
    For good young players and picks. trade for sure Clint because he has shown that he only gets points from point blank dunks. Not even layups.
    for sure trade Pj. Just too old.
    Trade everyone.

Maybe just keep Austin coz it’s a cheap contract and Ben. Keep Hartenstein and Clemons.

Everyone else bye bye. At least we could potentially rebuilt like Memphis has. mans at least the media and the refs would get off our back.
    maybe fire Morey too coz The NBA would still have a be upset with him and wouldn’t want to see him succeed on a rebuild.

I’m just tired of believing in this team and being let down. We need a fresh start if we can’t get more help for Harden. Trade him to the spurs and maybe kinda for sure Pops would make him get in line on defense and surround him with good or ok shooters.

Give Harden a chance to get a chip if this cheap ass owner would be the doom of us.

End of rant /vent :p

i will still support the team. Even if we keep sinking into the abyss.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden can easily let other players have the ball if it means he's winning consistent games. He's let CP3 and Westbrook have the ball an awful lot. But when the ball isn't in his hands most of the time, they tend to lose the game most of the time. Westbrook had our most shots and shot consistently.... but if Harden shoots the ball the most and shoots consistently like Westbrook did tonight, Harden would make us win those games. There's the difference.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes they are. Theyve been saying he's selfish for months now. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ill say it,they are better without this verison of harden these last 2 games.

everybody can look up my comments. ima always hella positive. this the 2nd half of the season now. we shouldnt be playing like this anymore.

GotGame15 and BeBreezy like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What about the fact that Harden is the laziest player in the NBA when the ball isn't in his hands on both offense and defense and that the Rockets run a offensive system where Harden dominates the ball where the other 4 players just stand around which doesn't allow his teammates to get a feel.fornthe ball and generate some rhythm?

Would an all time elite motion offense want to add someone like Harden to that system? I doubt it.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing! Sad, but true.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

In frustrating times like these you have to remind yourself that Houston Sports doesn't affect your family or your money (much). Cheer up guys.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and DreamShook like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No the difference is when Harden has a bad shooting night he stops playing defense, stops running the floor, stops rebounding, stops everything.

When Westbrook has a bad shooting night, he still plays his heart out

11. JazzLakerHater

I can’t wait till this offseason. Roster outside Harden needs a complete overhaul, and I wouldn’t even mind listening to some trade offers on Harden. I flat out do not enjoy watching this team play basketball.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This loss honestly pisses me off more than any this season. I just feel like we took a step backwards since that damn 5 day lay off. We looked ready to make a run just before it. I really liked what I was seeing with this team. Why have we gone back to rotations that had us as the worst defensive team in the league to start? Portland didn't do anything we haven't seen a hundred times. Lasts nights loss was not a bad loss. THIS was a bad loss. It is time to cut some players minutes. PJ needs to sit his ass down for awhile. We need to be on the phone begging Jeff green to get his ass over here or someone who can take some minutes from PJ and house. Why did we cut Clark if we don't have anyone lined up yet? We need to play hartenstein and stop benching him every couple of games.

13. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The difference being.... if Harden has 22 shots and shoots 50% from the FG, he's winning us those games.

You guys are only crying and blaming Harden now because we're losing games. You weren't complaining about him 10 games ago and when he was averaging close to 40 points a game. It's always Harden's fault when we lose.

I hope Harden puts in a trade request and he goes to another team with a decent owner and a good supporting cast. Oh, and better fans who appreciate him.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Damn Harden only Fans.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As you said...easy to say, but we all still care. We are foolish for caring about dumb sports ball, but here we are. It is important to us all, and it’s sad to see it going like this.

Hopefully it gets better.

16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Who cares...
    Life goes on...
    Don't stress guys...
    This is not a championship team anyway...

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I love Tucker but we are playing 4 vs 5 on offense. He is a bench player.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I don't think we are blaming Harden. But our playing style is completely dictated by him, enabled by the organization. He has to be accountable when said style is failing.

We are all enjoying the historic season from an individual performance point of view, but the nights when he leans to the mean (statistically), we look really really bad and we stop doing basic professional basketball things. Granted there are Haters and Knee jerks reactions, but we are just asking for a plan B on that road game 4 on our first round when we are not getting the calls, we go cold for a few minutes.....what is happening there?

GotGame15 likes this.
  19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's true. You guys cry and b**** and put the blame on Harden as soon as we lose a few games. There's multiple thread about trading Harden, or about Harden being a choker, or about Harden not being a leader.

The guy is entitled to a few bad games here or there. And yeah, he hasn't look right the last few games. He looks like he's lacking energy and that his confidence has gone a little. But he'll get it back.... he always does.

I have no doubt you guys will go back into hiding when Harden carries once again. Truly pathetic fans.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

again go back to all my post. im always defending harden here n to people. but u gotta call balls n strikes. so u liked his defense thia game. n im grading on the harden curve. it wasnt even harden level trying.

how bout his lack of urgency. while russ pushing he walking it up the court down 14.

so dont even me that im on him cause he bad. that been my pronlem i aint been on him when he good. it approves of the bad stuff.

u dont have to iso every time down.

u got have to hang ur head if ur guys are missing...u miss too.

do eveythibg u can. thats all im asking. loe russ. i know he cant hit 3s. but he does eveey thibg he can.

ask urself is harden doing eveeythingbhe can. why cant he move with out the ball. thats not a skill thing like hitting 3s. thats a want to thing.

russ is not cp3. so he cant use that he im playing with old cp3. naw russ has been balling giving u 30. u should be able to play off that.