1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Furkan A! Aldemir could join Rockets next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2013.

1. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

2. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

The biggest issue with this guy is that even if he pans out to be great, he's not going to be ready for at least 2 years. There's a really good chance that by the time he actually makes it, the Harden window will have closed.

He might be a great pick-up long-term, but I doubt he's the answer for the next few years...

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Harden is 23. Window shouldn't close barring injury for another decade and the intel on Aldemir says hes ready now. So confused at your post.

4. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

He's only signed for five years. No guarantee he stays after that.

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if you're going to go Kinks, Dedicated Follower Of Fashion would have been a better choice for the video.

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

what the furk

7. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Could be interesting ...

8. dream1222

dream1222 Member

mini-Asik? sound like a greg smith's replacement

9. showa13

showa13 Member

an actual backup pf/c?

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Another young PF......

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

im happy with this as long as we keep greg smith. if we need to make room for this guy, then cut tim ohlbrecht

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I believe in this guy. I reckon he's gonna be better than Thomas Robinson. Great steal by Morey once again!

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

can you guys stop making furkan jokes? its so furkan lame

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This.

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Is he better than Olbrecht? In what way?

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken from the last CBA, now 5 years is the MAX LENGTH you can sign on an NBA contract. As is, can't sign for a 6 year contract if they tried.

And the extension starts NEXT season. So it means 6 full years of James Harden.

That is as much tenure and window as you get in the NBA now. And still why the "only signed" anyway, gosh how much long term view is this. He's still on his rookie deal, hasnt even gotten to his extension years yet lol

And Aldimir could be just another Cole Aldrich, or worse Joey Dorsey. But thats the low investment risk of a 2nd rounder, anything more than that is a bonus

17. 28sinan

28sinan Member

Guys i'm from Germany but i'm a turkish native and i'm actually a Galatasaray supporter! So i know a little bit about his game. First of all i'm really suprised you all talking so positve about him because i don't think you saw much of him.
    For european basketball he could be a really good defensive/rebounding Center but i think he is to small to play Center in the NBA(similar to Greg)! The Basketball authoritys in turkey think that he will play PF in the NBA but for that he has no athleticism and their is no way he could guard NBA PFs! And more importantly he has no offensive skill set at all! He not even have a midrange jumper! So as much as i would love him to suceed in Houston or somewhere else in the NBA i'm really sceptical that he will have sucess. That being said i really hope he surprises me!

1 person likes this.
  18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

trade d-mo and royce white then if he's really that good,.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the input.

As you probably know, the Rockets sorely need someone to come in and take up space once Asik goes to the bench. The dropoff from Asik to Smith/D-Mo/Ohlbrecht/whoever was just was too big. This is a major need for the Rockets, so I think you're seeing a lot of wishful thinking from Rockets fans.

I would be satisfied if he was able to come in and play 8-10 minutes a night at center against the other team's backups. He wouldn't need to score. All he would need to do is play tough and get defensive rebounds. I don't expect anything more from him. Since you've had more exposure to him, do you think he could do that?

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Ouch, a dose of reality. Sounds like Scola without the offense. In case you didn't notice, some of us like to drool over prospects. Thanks for the insight.