1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Full Josh Smith Highlights from his Houston Rockets Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Best two million dollar free agent ever?

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Not concerned about his shot total whatsoever.

He played great tonight for us.

For those concerned we 'lost' something with Chandler leaving - his slashing to the basket - we have it again in Smith. He really read those double teams of Harden well.

He also has some very good court vision - even on the break. He made the right play numerous times, including kick outs to the opposite corner for open shooters.

I'm happy with him taking his smaller defender to the rack time and time again like he did tonight - he had a couple of shots which were destined to go in - but popped out.. Those make a big difference to whether he shoots above .500 or below.

Huge, huge performance. Especially in a first game against the Grizz.

How often have we been able to say we're still a good team even when one of our stars are reduced to NCAA 12th man talent?

Exciting times.

1 person likes this.
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We just put the rest of the NBA on alert. Watching the game it was like, "Oh. So THIS is the Josh Smith the Rockets acquired." Haters be like, "DAAAAAMN." Tryna find new excuses to write off our impending playoff run.

We didn't even play at our best, still getting the new guys to mesh in, with home cooking from Memphis' end, and we STILL won. There is now a talent gap between Houston and the rest of the West, until OKC gets healthy and San Antonio starts caring, that is. But we're definitely one of the big boys now, if not THE big boy in the West. God this is fun to witness.

1 person likes this.
  4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Finally a power forward playing like a powerful forward

1 person likes this.
  5. sergio

sergio Member

Clippers still are the biggest threat for the Rockets. I hope we don't play them in the playoffs.

6. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG] I think I just witnessed 2003-2008 Lamar Odom [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. platypus

platypus Member

Man i was so hyped for smith after he hit that fadeaway in the fourth. Then those two clutch rebounds in the end made my head explode haha!

1 person likes this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

What I really liked seeing was that he was able to make things happen on his own. Even with harden on the floor. Saw a time or two where harden couldn't get the ball and smith just went to the basket. That was great to see.

Someone else on the team that can effectively get their own shot. Create things. He passes really well too.

1 person likes this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Harden's clutch block:

[​IMG]

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

It's only one game but I can't recall the Rockets having a dominant power forward with this much presence since Otis Thorpe. Hope Josh Smith leads us to the promise land!

11. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Who's that ?

1 person likes this.
  12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Thank you so much for this Clutch. I've always been a fan of Josh Smith. I still can't believe he's on the Rockets. I haven't been this happy regarding the potential outlook for this team in a long time.

1 person likes this.
  13. kemah

kemah Member

Josh Smith has now made us a one of the elite teams in the NBA I knew this by the 4th but that ending sealed it. Look out NBA the Rockets are the team to beat now.

1 person likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I feel all giggly after this game. I think we have the pieces to make a run now.

1 person likes this.
  15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

He's a bad, bad man. What a pickup.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's gotta be such a big shot in the arm for the rest of the team to have guys like Smith and Brewer in that locker room now. This team is going to be special.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this was the second interview he stressed 'this year'.......wonder if he has designs on getting another big contract this offseason from a team with big capspace. we'll only be able to offer him the mle, rite?

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's just stressing the fact that we have enough to win *this year* unlike most teams?

Who knows what happens this offseason honestly.

19. treeman

treeman Member

In all the years I have been watching the Rox I can't remember a better debut like this. Dude signs the papers this morning and comes in and contributes to get a huge W with no play time with the team.

This signing is going to be huge for us. For the first time in almost two decades I think we have a real shot at winning it all.

All of the "we can't catch a break" stuff stops now. :grin:

20. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

It was funny the way Bill kept calling him "Josh" the whole time.