1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Frustrated Motiejunas just wants to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2014.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

DMO just need to play inside. Thats it.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't know about anywhere else but right now he is good enough to play here. With Omer and Greg Smith out he should get all the backup center minutes. No excuse not too. And Casspi is a better backup for Parsons than TJones. He should at least get some of Casspi's minutes when Parsons sits and Casspi slides over.

Tonight so far we looked better with Casspi and DMo and Howard on the floor together. McHale is just stupid to wait till he is almost forced to play him. Brewer in for Parsons? Casspi is the best sub for Parsons and that opens up minutes for DMo. DMo got some of those minutes tonight but it's like pulling teeth to get DMo on the floor. He is so raw yes it is true but he needs to play to get better and he plays with so much energy and intensity.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Nice interview Clutch. Excellent quotes. It's so awesome you have access to the players like that to ask the questions for us.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He has to have some consistent playing time before anybody can make that statement.

He might just be better than people think with consistent playing time.

5. Billionzz

Your right, Mchale seems so against giving Dmo any playing time.

6. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

wow what's up with our players crying for not having enough playing time. I blame Omer Asik for this

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As inconsistent as Terrence has been, he never complained about minutes.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Like i said earlier, D-Mo belongs on the court.

9. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

D-MO is good, just gotta stop shooting 3's and work more on his inside game. Rockets wasting the dude's talent by making him a 3 point wanna be.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

As bench fodder.

11. basketballholic

I don't think he's earned minutes but I do think he should be given backup 5 minutes at this point because TJones is totally ineffective in that spot and we have nobody else when Dwight leaves the floor.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dmo looked good today. I can't blame the guy for wanting to play. The Asik comparison isn't a good one, because Asik is guaranteed minutes, he wants more.

Dmo doesn't see the floor, and when he does its never for more than a few minutes or garbage time. Honestly DMo's biggest strength is his post game, and unless that is gonna be featured, he frankly isn't a very effective player. A trade to a lesser team willing to work through his struggles would be best.

The rockets don't have time for on the job training.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

DMo really needs to improve his outside game, or just forget it altogether...and focus on working in the post. There is zero reason for him to be drifting out towards the perimeter when the Rockets are playing small..

14. Franchize

Franchize Member

Omer and D-Mo must be best friends

15. Billionzz

The Spurs wouldn't have been as good as they have been for so long if they thought the way you did. You have to continue to develop young players. Dmo has a long contract, the Rockets need to develop him. Remember how Mchale did Lowry, Mchale needs to go he is sucking as a coach.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sittin' on the bench, telling each other sob stories and how much of an ass Daryl Morey and Kevin McHale are. Bet it's a grand ol' time. :grin:

17. Billionzz

I doubt Dmo has any problems with Morey. You want players pissed about not playing. I wouldn't want a player that was content about not getting playing time.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

In today's NBA, if you can only play in the post, you are 5. He either needs to develop a reliable outside shot to play the 4, or bulk up significantly and put in more time on the defensive end to be a 5. Right now he has neither, so he rides the bench.

For the record, I do want to see DMo develop as a Rocket. His game fits with Harden/Howard better than TJones or Smith, but he just hasn't been good enough night in night out.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

He isn't crying. He isn't even demanding a trade or refusing to play. The kid just wants to play and get better. Nothing wrong with that, he got some burn tonight and played hard.

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lamarcus Aldridge is a 4, David West is a 4...should I continue?

Ridiculous statement to make, clearly showing you don't watch NBA games.