1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans for wikipedia?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by brantonli24, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Something to keep in mind

we havent always been clutchfans....have you tried searching for clutchcity?

Im not sure exactly if the article's subject must be about the website, or just mention it as legit in some way? You gotta figger if ESPN thinks enough of CLutch to interview him for an article, it should be good enough for wiki.

http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/s/2002/0723/1409049.html

and this one from espn simply reviews the site in an article talking about the best trash talk on the web.

http://espn.go.com/espninc/magazine/columns/1017pulse/823597.html

thats all I could find on a quick search other than mentions on other individual sites and other boards.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would think CF's contribution to NBA journalism in China would be quite notable, if someone knew enough about NBA journalism in China to write about it.

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Oh man, thanks a lot Clutch! Those kinds of sources are the best! Any chance that the article itself could be on the internet? Thanks :)

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I could dig if you want info on SOR. ClutchFans IS the reason it happened and was successful.

I could probably get the articles from the Chron archives.

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm speechless.......if you could do that for the article, it would be absolutely fantatastic! Thank you very much!

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've found basically every reference in the Chron, one in the Louisville Courier-Journal and one in the UH Daily Cougar. There was also one in 002 Magazine, but I doubt that will be online.

There were also some references on the local tv outlets (26, 2, 11, 13) and I was on the old KLOL, 610am and KTRH. There was a reference on the Jim Rome show and I did a couple radio shows in Louisville.

Here are the Chron links. Unfortunately, they are ALL in their archives and can only be seen by people who sign up for their free account thing.

Web Site Out to Save Rockets
    THE ULTIMATE FAN / Web site creator puts on full- court press to keep Rockets
    Basketball fans line up for early vote / Some think arena's worth an all-nighter

There was ONE other story by Jonathan Feigen where he talked to Postolos, Hakeem and some others, but I can't find it in their archive. It was in early February - probably around the 8th or 9th - of 200.

The Louisville Courier-Journal Story is in their archives and you have to pay to get a copy:

Houston fans hold key to Rockets' future
    June 5, 2000
    Louisville's chance at team hinges on vote
    CHRIS POYNTER, The Courier-Journal

That's the slug from the story.

I did find the story from the UH Daily Cougar still active online:

Opportunity to help keep Rockets in town is at www.saveourrockets.com

There was also, now that I think about it, a story on ESPN.com by Darren Rovell, I believe, day of the election - November 7, 2000. I couldn't find it in Google.

I'll keep looking for more references from the local tv stations as well.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I couldn't find anything else, but I do know SOR was mentioned in the Sporting News and there were stories done on every newscast on TV - 11, 13, 2 and 26.

Hope that all helps.

9. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Call me an idiot, but could someone fill me in on the 'www.saveourrockets.com' event? I wasn't even following hte NBA back then, so any info on that would be much appreciated.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Started on February 7, 2000 after the arena referendum failed by 10 points in 1999. The impetus came from my frustration with the lack of movement that I wrote about in this column.

From there, Clutch and I built the website, SaveOurRockets.com (now defunct) and ran it until the arena referendum passed on November 7, 2000. The existence of that movement that Clutch and I started along with the absolutely ridiculous amount of support from this BBS's community and fans throughout Houston has been widely credited with both jumpstarting negotiations between the city and the Rockets and, ultimately, having a hand in turning the 1999 election results around from a 10 point loss to a nearly 20-point victory.

That's the extreme nutshell version. :)

11. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

BTW, thanks a lot Jeff!

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I cleaned up the article a bit. I a sorry I deleted everything that was on there but it will be back up eventually. I plan to continue to add to the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClutchFans

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

damn that looks good

14. Lil Pun

Thanks, more to come.

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Who nominated the clutchfans wikipedia article for deletion? Probably some stupid Spurs or Mavs fan...

16. Lil Pun

Hey Clutch, do you have any images that I could use to show the progression of the site from how it used to look to how it looks now? Sort of like the pic you have on the about page? I can not put up another screenshot so it would have to be something that you wouldn't mind for fair use in Wikipedia.

17. Lil Pun

I also would like some imput on what other sections there should be besides the introduction and history. I am going to put SOR in there somewhere but I need opinions about other sections.

18. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

how about the mentions it gets in media outlets? or scoops it has picked up on before the media ?

19. Lil Pun

Yeah, I'll end up mentioning thos things.

20. Lil Pun

To add to the above, I am wanting to add other sections. I know I am going to make a section about the forum but I am not going to make a section about every section on the site.