1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] FINALLY! Rockets unveil black alternate jersey for 2016-17 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would like to see video of this quote.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I'm all for new uniforms but these seriously lack some boldness.

Black uniform = generic black jersey -> red trim - > stamp houston -> stamp "R" logo.. and some checkerboard ****?

this could use a lot more pizazz.
    ------
    clutch city jersey = take 'houston' alternate -> add sleeves - > remove 'houston' -> add 'clutch city' ...

sorry, but this still looks nothing like the championship jersey, AREN'T we paying homage to them? why is there so much yellow? why is the number in between?? (CLUTCH TWENTY CITY).. yellow was a trim color in 95. Sleeves?!?! AHHHHH
    ------
    the grey jersey deserves no breakdown.. just hideous.

------

shouldn't you have a consistent theme in each uniform? i don't like how different these all look.

i'm all for a clean and classic look... see milwaukee this season

[​IMG]

/end rant.. i b**** about this way too often

#42 WhoMikeJames, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Honestly, they all look bad to me. Bring back the pinstripe pajamas.

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

black looks like a college team

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

My God those are sick!!

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dwight was complaining the whole time that his jersey was too tight. I know, it's hard to believe!

Also, IIRC, they will wear the silver ones 6 times only at home and the "Clutch City" ones 6 times on the road and home.

The jerseys are available for preorder now, but won't be delivered until the team wears them. There is a good chance that the black ones will be available in the second half of the season.

One other interesting note is that Dwight had some input in designing the silver alternates.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The black jersey is pretty sweet. Make a white and red one like that and we have a nice regular uniform. I actually like sleeved jerseys, I loved the Chinese New Years one, but these 2 aren't working.

8. bmd

bmd Member

Seems like they wore the alternates like 50 times this past season.

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I would really, really like that Clutch City jersey without sleeves.

11. tomato

tomato Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Franchize

Franchize Member

We have to wait a year because were gonna have completely new jerseys next season. The font of the black one doesn't match the current font. Probably going to have a new font next year

13. bmd

bmd Member

Reading Twitter, it seems a lot of people don't know where "clutch city" came from.

They think it's some new, made up name.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

By the way, I see some folks complaining about the font for the "clutch city" alternates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look familiar now?

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

1. I hate sleeves. Those are kids clothes not basketball jerseys so I don't care how its designed, it sucks. Players look ridiculous in them. Dwight actually looks weak in that thing and Motiejunas looks pear shaped. Not a tough masculine look.

2. The "Clutch City" jersey is weak. Who the HELL was been given the task of designing the jerseys!?? Clutchfans has a TON of great designers showing way more creativity, originality and homage to Houston than the talentless person they gave the reigns to on these. Why didn't they just contact whoever came up with the one we liked the most and pay them for the design? Would have made headlines AND really gained a lot of respect from Clutchfans who are the actual Rockets diehards.

3. The black jersey..... poorly done. The jersey designed on Clutchfans was epic, EPIC!!! Again, why didn't they just contact the designer, give him/her credit, put some money in their pocket and make Clutchfans gush over the decision for an eternity. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

1 person likes this.
  16. Handles

Handles Member

I love the black one and like the other two. Here are my nit-picks.

The black one is close to perfect, though I'd like to see the back of it. The only comments I have are to bring the rocket logo over "Houston" about 1 inch higher and make the red trim on the shorts thinner to match the neck trim.

I don't understand the hate for the grey uni. It isn't the best but it's not terrible either. It does look pretty tight though, not sure if it's just Dwight or the style.

I'm not crazy about the font size on the pride jersey. The font style is fine, but I'd like to see it slightly smaller and a little more spaced out so it isn't so close to the number. Also, the grey one is fine with sleeves, but I think I'd like the pride jersey more without sleeves. Thin trim.

I'd like to see the backs of all of these.

1 person likes this.
  17. Handles

Handles Member

Don't get my hopes up lol.

18. Houston288South

So we are going to have NEW Regular Jerseys?

19. bmd

bmd Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why unveil it a year in advance? Has a team ever done that before?