1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Finally! First Scrimmage Footage of Dwight Howard with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 3, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Just before Dwight Howard slipped away from reporters on Friday afternoon, he was asked if he had been to any Texans games since he’s been in town.
    http://www.csnhouston.com/basketball-houston-rockets/talk/howard-makes-joke-defends-texans
    (don't click the link, let them go bankrupt)

2. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

They have a game tomorrow. Probably a day of light drills, individual workouts, and treatment for the injured players.

3. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I will be honest, I like Jeremy but I have a really bad taste in my mouth from his fans. I remember when we lost to the Hornets last year, the rockets Facebook posted a end of game status like they usually do after any game. It showed the first two comments and they were typical comments. "Rotations suck" "Too much turnovers, someone make a lay-up" stuff along those lines. For whatever reason, I opened up more comments and there was the most hateful stuff I have seen been commented. I'm not upset about the "Play Jeremy more, Coach, Go Lin Go!" or whatever, but I started seeing comments like "Why do you hate Lin, McFail, I hope you lose another loved one, you fat pig" and other comments bordering around that. It wasn't just one person also, It was a whole bunch of people. That is why I have less patience with his fans.

4. TTNN

TTNN Member

that was indeed horrible. However, just because there happened to have a couple irrational fans with bad behavior, you can't generalize that to all his fans, that is not fair. Any fan base could have some extreme people, you could see all kinds extreme comments in Jeremy's facebook page too. Generalize that to all Lin fans is kind of like a different kind of stereotyping.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Go to linmania and there are or were cases of peoplinge wish cancer and AIDS on McHale and Harden.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wow, the glare that Howard gave Jones after he got the steal and called timeout was priceless.:grin:

7. olajuyao

olajuyao Member

AB has great handles! Imagine him and DH on the floor together? We'll see a lot of that this season. J. Lin is a great player but doesn't convince me yet... I can't wait!!

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

chill out Speigel, :rolleyes:

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

Just outright disgusting! I hope these people find their way out from these pages. I try to keep Jeremy Lin strictly separated from these people. Lin is a nice and communicative person and I feel bad about him getting hurt about those so called fans. I also think that LinSanity happened in a specific constellation and he should be given a change to prove himself in the normal world as everybody else. His is payed nicely, but that is a business decision. What happens on the court, this is his year to show what he's made of.

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

So when Lin was in his linsanity mode I bet you were a killer Knicks fan right instead of being a "Knickskiller?

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I hate them as much as anybody and have never called Harden or whoever names as I like our entire team, but you do know that those idiots didn't start out as idiots (perhaps, lol), people antagonized Lin and called him names since the beginning of his career and especially in NY, and it continues here in Houston. But whenever people start hating on Lin by calling him names etc. it's like they get a pass.
    Having said that, I still don't like them and they irk me but the problem now is whoever defends Lin is automatically considered an idiot and as Lin worshippers. People correctly get vehemently angry when idiots dog Harden or Bev, but if someone defends Lin, they are treated as delusional. It's just not cool.

12. raskol

And I don't agree with this whatsoever. It's very dismissive of a players accomplishments. Was he given 4 free throws per foul? Did he play 60 minutes a game? Why is what happened with Lin automatically dismissed as a fluke.
    But you are right, it's up to Lin to show what he's made up of regardless of whether people give him credit or not. Here's hoping to an awesome year.

13. Oracle

Oracle Member

If you read it as I took something of Lin's talent away, that was not my intention at all. I just think that the period called LinSanity showed Lin as a superior player compared to Chris Paul or Deron Williams, and he looked like one then, was a special setup. Since he has played well and seems to be constantly improving. I also understand that he came out of a bad injury and was playing himself back to the game last season. Lin has a lot to go with. I like his Rubio like passing. He has Kyrie Irving like moves under the basket etc. My wish was that this year he will come out as a leader that makes the team play its best basketball given the very aggressive team around him. That's the most important feature a PG should have.

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

DMo not match for DHo. I'm sure his defense will improve pretty quickly.

15. raskol

Nicely put.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At the same time Howard was having a little trouble going up against Jones.
    They even had a few words back and forth with each other. Now i see why Howard was so impressed with Jones. He could barely deal with him.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

You get an erection every single time you see Jones play, don't you?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. Just everytime i'm right.;)

1 person likes this.
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow, you really needed him to say that Lin played better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams in NY, that he had Rubio-like passing ability, and Kyrie like finishing capability, before you'd say "Nicely put."?

No wonder you're under the impression that he's constantly being hated on! ;)

20. kcd

kcd Member

Don't act like there aren't a lot of negative and racist comments about Lin also when we lose or he has a bad game. It both sides and it's best to ignore the majority of these comments. People get very emotional about sports and will lash out.