1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans' favorite Rocket players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fawkward, Dec 26, 2012.

Tags:
?

Who is your favorite player on this team?

1. Asik

43 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Parsons

108 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Lin

210 vote(s)
    30.1%
  4. Harden

268 vote(s)
    38.5%
  5. Mook Morris

7 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Delfino

8 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Greg Smith

28 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Toney Douglas

9 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Patrick Patterson

1 vote(s)
    0.1%
  10. other

15 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

This was a tough question. I went with Lin even though I'm not a LOF. Great guy, humble, good role model, over-achiever, trail-blazer (<-oops not that one).

Lin's a solid player who appears to be getting back to his old self. I like that he brings toughness to the game. Like Parsons, you can usually depend that he will try to make up for an off shooting night in other areas. I like that he's comfortable sharing his faith and that he's an excellent representative of true Christianity. Lin's the man.

Having said that, this was a tough question. I love this team. Go Rockets!

2. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I am a longtime Gator/Rocket fan so for me Parsons is my fav player in NBA.

1 person likes this.
  3. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Need multiple choices. Lin Harden Parsons

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tough tough question. This is an extremely likable and talented bunch. Like them all. Even the guys who make me scream bloody murder when they try to facillitate (Douglas and Delfino).

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Going out on a limb and say TD.

6. my2cents

my2cents Member

Jeremy Lin. I read a post; ppl said JLin made everyone around him better...

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's hard not to like Asik, Parsons, Lin, and Smith. They play hard all the time.

Harden is going to be our franchise player. Got to like him.

Patterson and Douglas have good personalities, although their on-court plays sometimes make me made. You may say Lin is also in this category too. But he's starting to come around as a very solid PG now.

8. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

I love Jeremy Lin.

He's usually a story of overcoming challenges and doubts. We all saw New York. This year there were a lot of doubts on whether he'll be able to produce. When Harden came over, Lin was once again doubted if he'll find his place.

Time and time again he's repeatedly doubted and proves those doubters wrong.

I love Jeremy Lin's competitiveness, his unselfishness and his humility, how he works hard and earns whatever he gets.

Stars will always have great big ego's, but not him.

Great competitor and team mate.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who would have guessed?

10. Matador

Matador Member

Poor Patrick Patterson. Only 2 votes out of over 900. :(:cool:

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Asik. His positional defense and rebounding is the cog churning this style of play and winning streak.

12. jocar

jocar Member

1st post in 5 years?
    "Jeremy Lin"
    Lol, awesome

13. jocar

jocar Member

Without Harden and Asik we have 0 chance for a playoff run.
    But I chose Parsons cuz he's so dreamy

14. Optimal6

Optimal6 Member

1. Lin
    2. Parsons
    3. Harden

Lin is my favorite because he was the ultimate underdog. He was snubbed as a High School prospect but all the big name schools except for Harvard. He comes in to Harvard and completely dominates and is still getting no attention. Warriors signed him via FA but he couldn't play with that dynamic backcourt of Curry and Ellis. He comes in to the Knicks and finally gets a legit shot and he turns into a celebrity. He showed the world who he is, how he has star potential, how big of an underdog he is, and how hard he works. It's hard to hate on him especially since he is understood and of another race (breaking race barrier).

Parsons is a beast, I like the guy but I don't know too much about him. I like his game, how hard he works, how good of a guy he is, etc. He is probably the most aesthetic player in the league, no homo. :grin:

Harden is by far the best of the three, but there are several reasons why I don't like him and it stems back to his OKC days.

He pretty much single handily gave the Heat the championship last season in 2012 with his pathetic play. He was an absolute liability out there, playing no defense, missing all of his shots like free throws, layups, jump shots, etc. He normally is a defensive liability and I don't like players that play no D but I couldn't accept his garbage offensive play.

I'm pretty sure Harden is a big stoner too. I remember a twitter picture he was "Tebowing" and he was holding a cigarette or a joint in one of his hands. I know most NBA players probably light it up, but I prefer the ones that don't.

I still like Harden though especially the fact that he attacks the rim relentlessly and can attack the rim relentlessly despite looking slow and unathletic. Although, he is a lot more athletic than he is given credit for and the way he looks similar to Paul Pierce in that regard.

15. just a word

just a word Member

WHY CAN'T YOU CHOOSE MORE THAN ONE. JFC.

16. lpy3

lpy3 Member

"Since: Nov 2007", me too.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Lin, he's an underdog miracle. Harden and Asik are tied for second.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I signed up in clutchfans because of Lin.

19. yaoniming

yaoniming Member

Hey, I'm Yaoming, I'm back

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL you serious?