1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans (Fade's) 2008 Fantasy Baseball Trash Talk Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Mar 17, 2008.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Here`s an update on pitching games used through week 44

Rook: 147 SP, 115 RP
    Aliens: 150 SP, 124 RP
    DarkHorse: 131 SP, 130 RP
    chrisjent: 140 SP, 106 RP
    Da Yankees: 127 SP, 130 RP

Expos: 150 SP, 126 RP
    LHFan: 153 SP, 129 RP
    Smeggy: 150 SP, 130 RP
    Punks: 110 SP, 130 RP
    PSJ: 149 SP, 119 RP

Maximums: 155 SP, 130 RP. Once they`re used up, you can no longer start anyone at that position.

This is the final regular season game period! Playoff situation:

- The Expos have clinched the East division title.
    - SmegCity has clinched one of the two wild card spots.
    - The Rook has essentially clinched the West division title. The only way he could lose it now would be for him to lose this week and for Sam to win and outscore him by 150 points. Not likely.
    - LongHornFan, The Aliens and DarkHorse are duking it out for the other wild card spot. All three teams have 24 wins, but LongHornFan is currently in position to take the spot due to the tie game in his record.

LHFan: If he wins, he gets the spot.
    Sam: Assuming LHFan loses, if Sam wins he will get it.
    DHorse: Needs both LHFan and Sam to lose, and for him to win to get the spot.

Ironically, these teams all have very tough matchups against the 3 teams that have clinched playoff spots this week. LongHorn takes on Rook, DarkHorse faces Smeg, and the Aliens face the Expos. DarkHorse and Smeg are both out of RP games, so it will be a battle of the SPs in that matchup. Meanwhile, LongHorn only has 2 SP and 1 RP game remaining, so that puts him at a disadvantage. The other teams involved in this race all have lots of pitching games left.

It will be interesting to see which team grabs the final spot. Good luck to all!

2. fadeaway

DarkHorse,

You are out of RP games, so I removed the two relievers from your lineup. You do, however, have plenty of SP games remaining and are welcome to insert more starters into the lineup to fill the void. You have until the first game starts tonight to do so (7:05 EST).

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Fade, did you know that the link in your sig doesn't work?

Interesting season, and still exciting up until the last game! I can't believe my team laid an egg against Stinky Punks, of all teams, and put my playoff future in serious doubt. 2 close losses in a row hurts.

4. fadeaway

Yeah, the site I was using to host that page went under it seems. If I can find another decent free host I'll put it up again sometime. Nobody ever commented on it, so I doubt that people cared much about it anyway.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Man... talk about a squandered season. Opening the season with 8 strait loses due to a rash of injuries (and holding out on crappy picks), as well as a couple of boneheaded mistakes early on. (see the infamous week 3 lineup where somehow Brad Lidge was the only player in my lineup)

Throw in the 2 asterisk weeks that I like to refer to as C.C.-Gate, and the fact that I inexplicably forgot to set my lineup in this last game against Longhorn's team, and it makes for one big pile of What If?

:)

Oh well, good luck to everyone!

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I knew I was gonna be funked when the end rolled around after using like 120 starters before the all star break.

Oh well. Good, competitive season. Twas fun.

BTW- Rook, I would not upset at all if you sit all of your players this week. srsly.

:D

7. LonghornFan

Fade has some very tough decisions to make in the off season. Dude has like 10 keepers and only 4 can be kept, right?

8. SamCassell

I thought it was kinda interesting or I wouldn't have said anything.

Good job this season. You've built a powerhouse.

9. SamCassell

Buck up, buttercup. Did you forget that I was going to be facing a team that has, like, 10 keepers? We'll probably all 3 lose this week and you'll back your way into the playoffs. ;)

10. LonghornFan

I refuse to even look at the league until around 9PM Sunday night. Getting hopes up then getting stomped is not where my heart lies.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Wow.... this is going to be CLOSE.

12. LonghornFan

Did I back in? :confused:

I don't even remember the last time I've won a game period.

13. SamCassell

What about the last 2 games (games 43 and 44) that you won??

Congrats... I didn't deserve to make the playoffs if I couldn't win one of my final 3 games. Just a choke job down the stretch...

14. LonghornFan

I had been losing so much I forgot about those.

Now today I lose Tom Brady in our football league. Complete suckage.

15. fadeaway

Congrats to LonghornFan for grabbing the final wild card spot. Tough luck to Sam -- no chance at a threepeat. Here are the round 1 matchups:

Expos Forever vs. LonghornFan's Xtreme Chalupa

Rook vs. SmegCity Smarmy Gits

Periods 46 and 47 will be added together to determine the winners for round 1. Remember, the rules for round 1 playoff pitching limits will be as follows:

SP -- you get 8 SP games to use however you want during the 2 periods.
    RP -- start 2 RPs at all times.

Good luck!

16. LonghornFan

Could this day be any worse? I have to face your all star squad in the first round? :mad: :mad: :mad:

17. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fade,

If we only get 8SP for the week, can I start 7 of them on the Fri-Sun games, as that is the only way I can start 8 this week? By doing that I would have to have only 3 pitchers (1SP, 2RP) playing Monday-Thurs and 9 pitchers (7SP, 2RP) which I don't think the website would allow. Just let me know.......

18. fadeaway

7 pitchers total is the max, so you'll have to go 5 one period and 3 the next, or 3 and 5, or 4 and 4. You probably wouldn't want to go over 5 SP because then it would cut into the RP spots.

If you can't put together one of those combinations, perhaps look on waivers for someone with a favorable matchup that will fit into the lineup?

I.e. I was considering using Buerhle this Thursday but can't because doing so would put me at 6 SP for the period and then I'd have to sit a reliever.

19. LonghornFan

I totally don't understand the playoff rules, at all.

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what about some love for the team from downunder, remember i know nothing about baseball