1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Draymond Green delivers cheap shot to James Harden's injured wrist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 1, 2017.

1. nbafan2016-17

nbafan2016-17 Member

Green is definitely better. Hate the guy but gotta show my respects. This season, Green leads gobert in every defensive stat except for blocked shots, which is clearly attributed to the fact that gobert is 7'1'' and draymond is only 6'7'' and the stat is actually close. Green is either 1st or second in steals per game and is top 5 in league plus-minus. For a guy that scores 9 points a game you aren't far up in plus-minus if you don't play excellent defense. On top of that green leads the NBA in defensive stops attributed for wins. Look up old warrior games from this year, the dude single handily got them wins by playing defense.

jeevinesh likes this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

James be pinching.

#42 Swapshop, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It would most unfortunate if someone pulled a nancy kerrigan on green...WHY WHY

NO MERCY

[​IMG]

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

But he started it ma'.....:(
    Atleast don't make it look so obvious, dudes an idiot.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it would be nice if the League fined him

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Like ive said Draumond is scumbag numero uno.

I wouldnt care if this guy is out imjured for 2-3 years

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not sure if the league can fine him for that. He admitted it was a "punch", but batting a defenders grabbing hand off of one's body is quite common. He can always argue that it's not his problem if Harden's wrist happened to be sore, and he'd have a point.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, Draymond plays ball by Simpsons' Rules:

durvasa likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

When you know someones injury in a professional game and you attack that through actions intent to cause more injury? You are a certfied b****.

anyone can sucker punch anyone.

Even with dirty guys like laimbeer there was a bro code honor cod that you dont go for knees throat arms etc.. You ...to a man.. play each other hard and straight up. If he gets in your face sure you deck him. If he swishes your face fine too. You are nails. If hes john stockton sure he holds grabs balls (nutsacks) but he doesnt play to injure and physically attack a professional persons working tool.

Hardens arms are pretty god damned important tool.

He crossed a line that should ABSOLUTELY at min cause a press release from nba about injure and intent to injure. Stiff fines suspension and zero tolerance statement. I really like green until this.

This is not how the game EVER should be played.

And yes bev plays hard ..but he wasnt trying to tear westbrook mcl. Hard?yes...over the top? Yes. Intent to injure? no.
    This green incident is only one I can think of in long time..if almost ever.

Unacceptable

deb4rockets and BigMaloe like this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The question is whether he purposely hit his arm with the intent to aggravate an injury, or if it was something he would have done regardless of Harden's wrist issue and he simply didn't care to alter what he would have done anyway.

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

It was the same damn Harden hand that was on his body that he "punched". You guys are embarassing us Rockets fans. Harden doesn't need you guys to have a b**** fest on his account.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

James is having a great season, but this wrist injury is gonna be a target regardless. I m guessing his main goal is to play with pain dealing with incidental contact. That being said what Draymond did was intentional...just like all of his nut kicks. I dont care if the league does anything(nor do i want them too), but if he ever gets hurt, not gonna root for his speedy recovery.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if he was targeting Harden's wrist because it was injured but I think that's something to take into consideration.

This should result in a suspension.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The argument against that would be : Why on earth would you play an injured player? So they might think the injury is minor and not a thing.

We have KD who is injured and he is not playing through it!

Otherwise MDA would have commented on it.

It is a bad situation for us and I am glad the GSW matchups are done with for the time being.

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, I remember that clearly. They were under the basket and Green threw an outright punch at Harden's wrist. There was no excuse or disguising it in that case, either - he just literally jabbed him like a boxer and Harden immediately winced in pain.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

"I punched him because..... he pinched me!"
    - every 8 year old ever