1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Don't Vote for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 19, 2010.

1. scottie brooks

Sure just like a lot of others here, I can see your point. Vote for the "Best" player. This is a fair assesment for anyone. However, like Juan V. said, there's two views on this topic. Yours is not the only one view that is completely right here. Maybe its not the best idea to implore others on the board to vote your way. Why, because you are part of the crew and know more than us? Your opinion is no better than anyone elses on here, and that's what this boils down to. Your opinion on how to vote. Plain and simple. Don't tell people how to vote because guess what, a lot of people don't like it.

Now honestly, you have a good opinion. But its not the only one.

Sure, I would vote for Chuck and Shane. I would love to see them in the allstars. If Yao was on another team its my choice to vote for him there too. Aaww the beauty of free will.

1 person likes this.
  2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

repped

3. devilsdandruff

show some respect and don't vote for Yao?
    stfu Jeff.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hey! I'm a brown person and take it from me: being waterboarded is a b****!

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am not saying "STFU, Jeff", I am saying this to EVERYONE:

It's called an "ALL-STAR GAME". It's not called the "ALL-BEST-PLAYERS-WHO-PLAYED-MORE-THAN-18-MINUTES-A-GAME GAME".

I vote for whomever I want.

If my vote didn't count, I wouldn't vote.

If my favorite player is on the ballot, heck, I would vote for him, but he's not. I will vote for, ****, Eduardo Najera from Mexico if he is in the ballot.

I can't vote for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, so I don't vote, and I surely don't ask ANYONE to not vote for anyone for POTUS because of that.

I will vote for YAO (an ALL-STAR, not the best CENTER with enough minutes) because I can. :eek:

EDIT: even if there are 2 billion votes for him, he probably will thank us for voting for him, but will NOT play if he doesn't think he should. Still, don't ask us NOT to vote for him.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He will be voted in.

Media will talk about this injustice non-stop, leading to and throughout the weekend.

Yao himself will be uncomfortable about it.

In the end, this will steal from the years he was a legitamate pick as an All-star. "Oh yeah, Yao always got in even though he never deserved it."

Bad outcome in every sense unless ofcourse you are a hardcore homer.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This!!!!! a 1,000 times!!! How the hell are you gonna tell us not to vote for???

I'm gonna vote for Yao cuz I can!

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I didn't make it a sticky, for Christ sake.

1 person likes this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why do you guys want Yao to play in a completely meaningless game when the only thing it will accomplish in his current state is to possibly further injure himself.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

When Bima Thug writes about the salary cap on the ClutchFans blog, it's a sticky. When Clutch does a recap, it's a sticky. Clutch is just promoting the stories he runs on his site. If there is bias, it is towards THE SITE. How is that bias? If there were some inherent bias against any opinion that doesn't agree with the site, there would be no way to comment to the contrary.

But, the beauty is you get to complain because it's an open thread AND an open forum. You can call me a disloyal asswipe and tell me to STFU if you so choose. If you want to write a dissenting opinion to appear on the site, which would also get a sticky I might add, you have to talk to Clutch. That's not my department.

11. HillBoy

Well I am another who totally understands your point. I applaud you for having the stones to stand up and express it so eloquently. You must know that by taking a stand - an unpopular stand like this - will no doubt upset those Rocketsheep who are so very desperate for any morsel of success - even a meaningless one like an undeserved All-Star berth for Yao - that they will rise up and attack you for speaking the truth. It's just a symptom of these times as this past election vividly showed: people no longer care or want to hear the truth. They no longer care about what's right. Oh no, they only want to hear that you agree with them. You feel as they feel. You believe what they believe. Their enemies are your enemies. You are either with them or against them and there is no tolerance for a rational opposing viewpoint. By daring to say the Emperor Yao has no All-Star clothes, you have spoken blasphemy.

12. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Yao making the ASG would actually be an embarrassment for this organization. EVERYBODY knows he doesn't deserve it and that's all that would be talked about. It would COMPLETELY overshadow the accomplishments he HAS worked toward this season.

It's ridiculous that some are suggesting they would vote for Shane freakin' Battier.

Hilarious and sad at the same time.

#92 Disciple of RP, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Fair enough and I thank you for the explanation. For the record I don't think you are a disloyal asswipe. I just disagree with your opinion.

14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Jeff shows his true colors... he's a TOF. ;)

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Injury, come back, injury , come back again...

Fail, fight, fail, fight again ...

I know that some rockets fans are tired of this. But, I believe many fans including me even respect more for Yao because of that.

After all, in real life, successful people are minority. Most people, similar to Yao, fail and fail again. But, most people are not as strong as Yao psychologically. They just gave up. This is why I always look up Yao, see him as a real model.

We all see the video how hard Yao worked to come back. He never gives up! You just cannot do such a thing to disrepect his effort.

16. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^

If it were the All Character Game, Yao would be top vote-getter. Hell, he'd be HOF bound.

17. HillBoy

You disrespect him even more by pretending that he's something (NBA All-Star) that he's really not.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't pretend. For me, he is always an all-star, a real model! He is the nba player that I respect the most after Jordan retired.

19. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Sorry but I'm voting for Yao.. I'm not watching Bynum play.. Oh wait he will get a ton of votes too even thou he hasn't played a game this season.

20. HillBoy

I salute your loyalty. You do know that your all-star, role model is now out for another 2 weeks (bone bruise in ankle). If you still want to maintain that he deserves to start in the All-Star game and it makes your day then go for it.