1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Don't Vote for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

By the way don't talk about Chinese fans voting when America made the biggest voting disgrace in history with voting Allen Iverson.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have changed my mind, I'm going to vote for Yao.

He's a "star" and while he may not be hurt, he's still an icon in this league and deserves to be there in my eyes for his dedication and the heart he shows.

There's no shame in him making it. The All-star game isn't about the best players, it's about the players we want to see. And I would rather see Yao play then see a lot of the other centers.

Pau Gasol will make it, that's why the coaches pick the reserves.

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i have to know how many minutes is he allowed to play before i vote......no not really, i'll vote yao by default.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

McGrady shouldn't have been voted in last year, and Yao shouldn't be voted in this year. That doesn't mean I don't love my Rockets or the players any less. It's simply reasonable to get the guys who have been playing their ass off and healthy the spots they deserve.

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I don't think too many NBA TEAM fans actually vote for the all stars, the votes usually came from those casual fans who idolize the individual players. Remember V. Carter incident and last year's TMac? It's a popularity contest.

How many hard core basketball fan actually watch the all-star game? I haven't watched an entire all-star game in more than 10 years.

6. yaomingyaoming

Next year, I hope Yao leaves the Houston Rockets. Adelman is not the right coach for him anyway. I think Clutchfans.net will see greatly diminished traffic when the Yao supporters leave, which they may end up regretting.

The city of Houston will miss Yao Ming when he's gone. Who do you have to replace him. Aaron Brooks. See my point?

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People may miss Yao, but no one will miss YOF when they up and leave with Yao if he does leave. In fact, most of us are dying for you guys to up and leave. As for who we have to replace him... seriously? The guy has spent the majority of the last half decade on the bench. At this point in time, any solid center can replace Yao statistically. He adds nothing to this team but burdens if he doesn't play. Not many people save a select few view AB as an answer as well. He will probably be gone at the deadline when we trade for a star, otherwise lottery, here we come again!

8. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

hand the forum to someone else.

this is homer ville and i'll die before i vote gasol before yao.

9. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

oh and to act like this is the first time someone gets voted in off a prior year performance

ai
    malone
    penny
    shaq
    pippen
    blah i could go on forever