1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Donatas Motiejunas works out with Hakeem Olajuwon (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Single still pictures are useless to show MOVES.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah right dude. Do you have a point??? D-Mo first workout with Dream. Dream 30 years to perfect the moves.

I cannot fathom your point. Would you care to elaborate?

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think dmo's post moves would be great off the bench next to Asik, with his lack of post game. And I see Jones more of a utility all around player hopefully next to Howard in the starting lineup.

4. PeppermintCandy

In my absolutely uneducated opinion, D-mo would be better served working on more basic post moves and footwork rather than trying to emulate Hakeem's fancy spins. Leave the master class for Harden.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The thing is that D-Mo already is one of the 10 best offensive post players in the NBA. Seriously, check it out before you disagree. I just do not see a place for non-center post play in the current DDMO offense the Rockets employ. Three point shooting from a power forward is the most important thing right now.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you think one of the Top 10 offensive bigs is someone who has not played much and has not been a starter for an entire season?

I am willing Dmo believer but this is just pulling something out of your hat (that is politely put).
    Having the potential to be one of the best bigs is different to what he is now.

He hasn't shown anything but his 15 minutes of average play as of now. The rest is fantasy basketball.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Practice means **** when it comes to posters here analyzing.

T-Will looked like a beast practicing didn't he?

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You did not research it did you? I asked you to because I have. Here is only the absolutely most basic research available. I have much more thorough and detailed info available.

[​IMG]

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As much as i want D-Mo to do well, i just don't see him as a starter any time soon. Not here at least. Sorry.

10. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

He may very well start some games. Mchale/sampson seem unclear on who will start at 4. It will probably be 4 by committee. Again.

I anticipate a major move to settle the 4 slot by the trade deadline.

11. Beard

Beard Member

Darko Milicic, with his size and skillset, was considered by NBA scouts to be a better prospect than Wade, Carmelo, and Bosh. If D Mo reminds you of a young Darko, that means he still has a chance to be truly great.

And everyone laughing at D Mos post game, Hakeem is teaching something very specific in regards to ball/hands placement that you arent just gonna get on the first try. You really dont think D Mo can do a spin move??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorlFTyu6uM
    [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEZLk_Yw980
    [​IMG]

Not enough? Enough spin moves here to make you dizzy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAMU7IZfpg
    [​IMG]

Motiejunas profile:
    Strengths:
    Height
    Speed/quickness/agility
    passing (shows glimpses)
    Shooting (has great form/motion)
    Post moves (all the tricks, just needs refining)

This is enough for an all star. This is why a Darko comp is a compliment. Darko had a lot of these things, but he didnt get better. If D Mo improves, he is an all star. Basically we got the 2nd pick in one of the best drafts of all time 20th .

To show im not totally swimming in the D Mo koolaid, he may be one of the worst pnr defenders I have ever seen. I thought he did fairly decent defensively in eurobasket, even had one very nice steal recovering from defending a pnr, but overall he is a disaster. I think his 1 on 1 defending will get better with hakeem and howard in his corner, rotation awareness hopefully will come with time, inability to alter and challenge shots will hopefully be negated by howard/asik next to him, but MAN something needs to happen with his pnr defense. Thats what I would work on most with him.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Does anyone still think D-Mo will be a part of the Rockets after all star break this season? Maybe might be included in some sort of a trade/deal?

Or is D-Mo locked with the Rockets for this and next year?

13. ling ling

ling ling Member

"That move is so simple anyone can do it." signed Carmelo Anthony.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QF8Q5bwCLyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

High chance of being traded IMO,unless he makes unexpected and dramatic improvement.

He will have to show some improvement on a consistent basis, if the Rockets want to trade him.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

small sample size?! greg smith looked like a very good player for a short stretch.
    the main knock is low rebounding rate and D. He can score I know that as well. For a top offensive guy he should get more off. boards.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I agree with you completely. His D is of major concern, but rebounding does not seem to me to be an issue. After all Howard and Asik could suck down 18+ a game. And in the Rockets DDMO the three point shot is perhaps the most important component to a power forwards game.

But realistically D-Mos post game is near unstoppable. Now if the Rockets had a use for it ...

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The Rockets are pretty much locked in as far as salary is concerned. They cannot have five $10 million dollar players starting, especially with $8 million of Asik sitting on the bench. Power forward is a position the Rockets will skimp on. Jones and D-Mo are probably going to be holding down the PF spot for the time being.

18. PeppermintCandy

I've heard people say this before, but I guess I don't see it. Sure he's pretty quick and nimble, but most of the time he never seems quite in control and looks on the verge of losing the ball. When his move is well timed it works great, but other times, I feel like his thoughts are moving ahead of his body, like he wants to do much more than he should. He doesn't plant himself well either, making him easy to push out of position.

But like I said, just my unfounded two cents. I didn't watch enough of him to say anything more.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is simple yet cruel
    He has a 1yr-1,5 window. Either he is showing he can be among the best role players or he will be packaged for a trade

Ideal scenario: He is showing he can be as valuable a PF as Bev is at the 1 spot

20. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Don't worry, you can insert these anywhere. We get it.