1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Day 1: Motiejunas Shines in Summer League Debut (+ video interviews)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 13, 2012.

1. thinair11

thinair11 New Member

where did you find that picture?

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

If it is the same person, she is Polish and was a basketball cheerleader.

[​IMG]

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

Still want to see him vs. real competition, but I'm liking what I see so far.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It is a shame these guys aren't playing with an NBA level talent at PG. I have no idea what anyone sees in Fortson and for all the people who have been talking up Machado, it isn't showing up for me when I watch him.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree its making the bigs look terrible right now in SL. I think a big reason why Motiejunas looked so good in the first game was Parsons pretty much running the point or at least facilitating the offense. He's truly going to be a difference maker this season for Houston if he continues to improve his playmaking skills given their PG situation.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm one of Morey's biggest fans but Im a bit perplexed about letting Dragic walk and giving Lin the same money...while hoping that the Knicks don't match. I don't get it at all. But I'm still hoping the Bulls match Asik and the Knicks pass on Lin.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

34 million is not the same as 25 million.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Keep in mind Goran always had the ability to come back to the table with the Rockets. They had all the reason at the time to want a team option for the final year. Fact is, he has only started for half of an entire season. They really needed to be able to trade him if they had to.

Its not about the money, its about whether or not that player is tradable if they need to move him from the Rockets perspective. I understand this from the Rockets perspective, and I definitely understand this from Goran's perspective.

With Lin, its a shorter contract and he is very tradable unless he implodes in his production. The team is young and does not need the capspace right this second, but the most important thing for them is to keep their contracts as flexible for trades as possible.

10. SupermoochieFro

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donatas_Motiej%C5%ABnas

Motiejūnas has a large tattoo on his chest of an eagle clutching a basketball that he describes as, "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go."

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Anybody know what song is playing in the background of Don Motie's interview?

Will rep!

12. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

It's either "New York, New York" or "Chicago, That Toddlin' Town"

13. zzpot

zzpot Member

What about when he said "it's just basketball I do this all the time. Not like the first time in bed"..

LOL.

14. w00t

w00t Member

D-Mo needs to get his ass to LT national team right now! Our old farts are breaking :) And Valanciunas cant play center more then 15 minutes without fouling out :) And they have PGs too, unlike Houston lol

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

[​IMG]

16. w00t

w00t Member

I was talking about Sl bro...

And Lin :rolleyes: What was his assist/turnover ratio again? :grin: