1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Daryl Morey Full Interview after Rockets drafted Isaiah Canaan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

QUIT JINXING!

2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

2:18 Morey pretty much confirmed that Canaan's not here to replace Lin. Morey explicitly said he will be the 3rd point guard and maybe someday he'll be able to help the Rockets. Probably going to the Vipers next season.

LOH's faint!

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The guy was drafted 34th overall, obviously he wasn't drafted to be the starting Point Guard. That doesn't mean he couldn't take the job at some point but clearly Morey wasn't planning on replacing an average starting Point Guard from a part of the draft that very rarely produces starters at an NBA level.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Morey looked wasted, but anyway yea Morey shoots from the hip.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Lin will be just fine on this team. I didn't care for the signing at the beginning of the season but realized towards the end that Lin is in the 2nd tier of pg's and I mean we'd prob be in trouble if Cannan was forced into the starting role. As much as I love Beverly I don't think he is ready quite yet for the starting role either. This was his 1st season in the NBA and he only got 1/2 a season at that.. Hopefully we will be set at pg for awhile!!

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Morey looks a lot better than previous years after the draft

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Unless the world ends in the next week(ish) then we will get to see it.

Either his confidence is justified, or it isn't. But we'll get to see either way ;)

8. Gertso

Gertso Member

I saw him at Target the other day in the Galleria. He has most certainly trimmed down.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Great video DH! Would be interesting to see what Morey has in store for us in the next several days. And i agree, i wouldn't just dump T-Rob for 2nd round picks. He's way more valuable than that.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

he does not want to create another Roy Hibbert situation so say it upfront
    thanks for the video BTW

11. Asian Sensation

Dork Elvis looking thinner.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Clutch, the fact that you were there is what makes this board so dynamic. But, confess, the shaky video was just a cinematic technique to add spice and realism. Right? ;)

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Sorry, Clutch actually hired me for his cameraman and I did try my best to fap discreetly.

1 person likes this.
  14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Nice interview Clutch. This Cannan kid reminds me of a bigger Nate Robinson, 40+ inch vertical and can shoot. With Lin being injury prone you would think Cannan is going to see some floor time for sure. Morey also said he's safe with the ball which will help him play early. IMO overall an excellent pick and for a position of need at PG. Now the Dwight Howard rollercoaster sweep stakes starts up in a few days, hope its over early one way or the other with no games by DH. In Morey we trust

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Even if Morey is secretly hoping that Canaan can replace Lin, do you really think he would come out and say we think Canaan will be replacing Lin at some point? Of course he wouldn't say that. What Morey said confirms absolutely nothing, he was saying what any GM would say.

16. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

the new reason to keeping a lot of point guards is to find reasons for Lin to stay on the bench.

17. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

This is why GMs like this part of the draft so much, fans don't expect these guys to be the next Chris Paul. The best part is how much we can get from one of these picks if he looks halfway decent. Beverly is worth quite a bit in trade IMO if this Cannan kid can make PB or Lin expendable, that is when Morey can really work his magic.

I like this pick at our position a LOT.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I see Gary Neal. Nice combo guard that gives you both depth and a different look off the bench. He should work well with either Harden or Lin, but probably won't be as effective running the show himself.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is the 100% comment real or a smoke screen?... Either way, I'm excited for July 1st!

20. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

I think it says a lot that the Rockets picked this guy over a European prospect who they could've stashed overseas.

They must have really liked him because now they have compromised some of their cap space on him.