1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Clutch City Lives! Rockets pull off historic comeback, advance to West Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2015.

?

Who will win the Western Conference Finals?

1. Rockets in 4

4.3%
  2. Rockets in 5

1.8%
  3. Rockets in 6

39.7%
  4. Rockets in 7

30.8%
  5. Warriors in 4

1.5%
  6. Warriors in 5

8.0%
  7. Warriors in 6

12.3%
  8. Warriors in 7

1.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

in 95 Hakeem was hurt for many games and on top of that we had a mid season trade and tried to figure out some chemistry.

Don't forget that the Spurs wouldn't double Dream and that strategy caused Robinson to get embarrassed

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. frontline94

frontline94 Member

Imo

The mental focus and camaraderie from such a comeback win > two more days of rest

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't know what to expect out of this Rocket team. I know they CAN beat their opponents; I just never know if they WILL beat them. The team appears to zone out and lose focus. Then they dial in and look like a juggernaut.

Against the warriors, the Rox can't afford those long mental lulls. The Warriors CAN and mostly DO get hot and will pile it on with a quickness. And from what I have seen, the Warriors generally don't have those long tune-outs. McHale is gonna have to read his team and stop play with a quick time out when the Rox start to lose it.

I just want a dog fight. No quit. Just hard scrambling like today. That never say die underdog attitude of the original Clutch City Rockets is what endeared me to the Rockets in my younger days. If they get the best of Howard and Harden they will beat the Warriors. They might have the Splish-Splash Brothers, but they have no real answer for Howard. Bogut won't cut it.

I live in the GS market and my daughters -- who have grown up attending Warriors games -- are torn on who to root for. Will make for an exciting series in my household!

Keeping fingers crossed for Rockets in 7.

1 person likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I haven't seen so many 99ers at one time on the board.. Cats come out of hibernation for a finals run.

6. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Hate to beat on a dead horse but Im curious on how Chandler Parsons is feeling about the Rockets advancing to the WC.

7. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

He and his 3 year 45 million dollar contract are probably surviving

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

itshappening.jpg

9. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i watched game 7 at 3:30 am in china and it was totally worth it...
    finally getting rewarded for being a loyal rockets fan for over a decade...
    i m so proud of this team, yet unsure what to expect from this coming series against the GSW. hope rockets beat them 4-2! GO ROCKETS!!!

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Josh Smith has a higher 3pt FG% than Kyle Korver in this playoffs. just saying

11. LAYGO

DAMN! Member #8! GEEZ!

Well, I'm gonna 1 up ya . . .

Not seen is the price tag still on it & the authentic NBA seal still on the sleeve. This has been hanging up for TWENTY YEARS untouched. I've got a white full sleeve one too untouched. Also, wearing the hat too for the 1st time in 18yrs? Had to wear them for game 6 (PAID OFF!) & game 7!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

What do you say we go out and find that weakness then?

13. LAYGO

LMAO! I seriously LOL'd.

14. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

That is really funny.

Joking aside though, why is that not considered flagrant? There's no play on the ball, obviously just doing it for the sake of fouling.. Just thinking back to some of dwight's flagrantly during the series... Seems like the explanation was always no play on the ball...

15. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Dwight be like

[​IMG]

16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm absolutely blown away by the comeback. The Rockets looking lifeless after game 4 only to shock almost everyone. I am incredibly proud of the heart, grit and determination that this team has shown.

I believe this team is more than capable of 8 more wins this postseason, but let's start with game 1 of the WCF first.

Clutch City lives indeed.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Warriors do not exactly handle physical play inside as well as they do other facets of the game. The Rockets need to control the paint and play disciplined defense on the perimeter. The Warriors should be a heavy favorite over the Rockets but they can be beaten but it will require focus and discipline at a level the Rockets have failed to show consistently. Limit turnovers, penetrate, rebound and hit free throws.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Stay Humble, Stay Hungry.

The Rockets look HUNGRY!

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Still fits you, man

That's the greater miracle haha

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You shirt is in great condition!