1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chris Bosh and the Rockets' Star Quest (includes Stephen A. Smith audio)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

My main beef:

Right now everyone is acting like these teams should be privileged to have these players on their roster. That's marketing for you.

It should be him feeling privileged to be playing for an excellent organization, such as the Houston Rockets, and making millions to play a game. To add insult to injury these players are making movies about this process.

While the tweets and the Bosh to Houston marketing gets the word out - who is the intended audience of these words? Bosh? They already know.

The result, so far, is that the Rockets were allowed the "privilege" to show up for twenty minutes and give the guy an Ipad.

This for a player who is truly barely a max salary contract. We are talking about 6 years of this behavior? What happens if we end up drafting a future all-star in the next two years and Bosh has to play third string (or what we used to call "as a team")?

Before this process I would have loved to have him on this team. I do not feel that way now.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yep. Too bad Houstons off his list so bad he wont even consider helping his old team out enough to get them a good deal and him his life long dream contract of 6 years max and 120 million dollars and on a winning team being an alpha male? Must have misunderstand his words? Oh well? Just have to look forward to this Patterson kid who looks pretty good at powerfoward and Scola. I think we can compete and maybe go after someone else in a trade later this year. Hope that 30 million dollars wont be important in 5 years.

3. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Look man - I don't know why you feel the need to believe you know everything but the fact is they are both filming a documentary of the process.

Here's a guy who sees it like I do:

And it's not limited to Twitter. Camera crews have been spotted following Bosh and Wade, and there are reports they are filming a documentary about the free-agency process. That can't make the owners and general managers entirely comfortable considering their current fawning might affect future free agents who want to be pursued as lavishly.

So far, the free agents have played ownership like puppets on a string. It's as if they are in cahoots with each other. From talking of a summit meeting between James, Wade and Bosh to threats they could orchestrate a three-man package deal, to Wade hinting, "He's in a New York state of mind," it's clear the players are enjoying making the owners sweat a little.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/taking_charge_lbJdykVkrBloR1yqKbTeiP

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Are we the only 'excellent organization'?

No..

5. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

hmm. I can't tell if you are agreeing with me?

So I will just say "I agree". And that is kinda' part of my point.

6. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Anyway -

Sorry about all of the posts.

Off to enjoy the 4th. Happy Iday to all.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Come on man, what do you expect. ESPN and NBA marketing has built up this free agent class for years now and has spouted stuff on various 24 hour sports networks about how this crop can basically take franchises to the top.

So what do you think these guys will act like? They've been built up by the media and those around them that they are the saviors for whatever team that they go to. Of course you're going to make it about yourself because the rest of the world already has made it about them. Obviously there will be superstars that defy this image but that's not going to happen often.

We live in a 24 hour media cycle where we are constantly hyping and publicizing every guy who might be a star and the end result is that we hype the player over the team.

Lastly this notion that Bosh is going to become some sort of chronic malcontent because he's dictated the terms of free agency (and clearly there's a market clearly willing to cooperate with him) is ridiculous. He's been nothing but a model player in Toronto yet one offseason happens and people jump to conclusions about his attitude.

Blame the system, blame the media and blame the teams for creating an atmosphere that tolerates free agency shenanigans like this but dont jump to conclusions that participating in these shenanigans means that someone like Bosh will be some player with a horrible attitude about basketball.

Also one last criticism about this, a lot of what we hear from all of this doesnt come from Chris Bosh or from the teams. It comes from ESPN and other media outlets who are often just as wrong as they are right. Just take all of this with a grain of salt. We're jumping to conclusions based off of almost no information.

In short...

[​IMG]

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im not acting like I know everything...the camera crew got out of the van Wade was driving in...and yes, Bosh was with him that night, so the camera crew was following them around. If Bosh was with LeBron that night, there would be no camera crew.

Also, why are people making such a big deal about Bosh and a camera crew, but people dont care that Wade is doing it? Makes absolutely no sense.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I agree 100%! Finally, someone who doesn't reason or post like a 10 year old brat!

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He isnt coming here. No need to get worked up over it now. Concentrate on Carmello Anthony or Chris Paul.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I still want him here. Nothing i can do about his agent or his decision though. All Rockets fans even the whole city wants him here. You cant make someone do what they dont at least kind of want to do though.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i wasnt trying to justify it :)

but i guess morey wouldnt be the first guy he'd want to talk to...morey is the guy you talk to in the end, to gain leverage.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can understand you. But it is what it is. A business. Guy is feeling on top because it's the first and probably the only time WHEN he can decide where he wants to go. Better not let emotions get to you. He can be THAT player on the court. Off the court he can be whatever he wants.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It sounds from that run of tweets (God did I just say that word? I feel dirty) that Lebron is leaning towards Cleveland. Good situation for us because Bosh apparently is adamant about not going there in a SnT. That would leave Wade and Bosh trying to work something out in Chicago which was plan A all along. The longer this drags on the better our chances as there is little impedance in the way of a Bosh SnT to Houston; he just has to want to come here. If Toronto keeps playing hardball with Chicago, they can effectively push Houston onto Bosh by making Chicago settle for a tier 2 PF like David Lee.

Come on Toronto!

16. redhova

redhova Member

If Lebron goes to NY kniks with Amare and Joe Johnson, by what I heard with Wade scrambling for a more talented team, I think Morey needs to talk to Miami. Give Wade the extra 30 million the Bulls won't and offer K-Mart, Ariza and the picks to Miami. The picks will be less valuable to Toronto for sure especially with a deal without K-Mart but for Miami this is pretty good they get a good two guard and small forward and picks for future while still having cap space, Wade gets an extra 30 million and we get the best player for Houston in the NBA.

Get it done Morey.