1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chris Bosh and the Rockets' Star Quest (includes Stephen A. Smith audio)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2010.

1. thekad

thekad Member

Really? Stephen A. Smith?

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Throwing accusations on Bosh's agent in the heat of negotiations doesn't help our cause either.

3. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

If his agent doesn't have anyting better to do right now than to check out a fan site, Bosh has big problems.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You do know that this article was sent to Chris Bosh via twitter right?

5. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I strongly disagree. Taking a long shot once in a while is a big part of making life worth living.

6. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

he wasn't "throwing accusations", he was stating the borderline obvious. if you were henry thomas would you not maximize the profits of your clients (and effectually your own) by any means possible? most people close to the situation know this, and though it sheds a negative light on thomas because we like to assume people are more interested in things other than money, what clutch stated is relatively fact by now.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Then explain to me how Daryl Morey would've asked Henry Thomas or Chris Bosh when nba tampering rules state that you cannot talk to FA's before July 1st? The article said that Henry Thomas shutting out the Rockets was the reason why our caravan was misinformed regarding Bosh's whereabouts.

8. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Agreed, It's just business. No need to get your feels hurt cuz they ditched us. If he's smart he'll end up in Houston while helping us not give much up.

9. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

You do realize the NBA doesn't really have any way to actually monitor these kind of communications unless the involved parties come right out and admit it. I mean prime example is all the meetings that were set up between these free agents and teams before July 1st.

When it came to Lebron, Wade, and Bosh we knew exactly who they were going to meet with and the order of the meetings at least a day to two days in advance of July 1st.

Now if conversations between these parties aren't taking place how did we get all of that extremely accurate info beforehand?

10. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Taking a long shot is one thing - expecting that tweeting a free agent hundreds of times a day 24/7 to sway their opinion is foolishness.

If I were receiving tweets at all hours of the day I would be getting pissed off. Especially if it interfered with my ego stroking documentary time.

I'm over this dude until he's over himself. The whole situation has the potential to kill team chemistry. I want to continue to get players that are team oriented and work hard - not me oriented who work harder at self marketing than they do at basketball.

Turning the business side of this fiasco into a self-promotional entertainment tool is ridiculous.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Before July 1st we all knew which teams we're going to meet with Bosh, yes but no one knew where Bosh was going to be at on the day of July 1st itself. If Henry Thomas was shutting out the Rockets, then how on earth did Daryl Morey had the privelege to be the 1st GM/Team to present to Bosh? You do know Morey was the very first GM who Bosh met with right? If i was an agent and i was shutting you out, NO WAY you get the chance to present first on my player. Heck, you'd be lucky if i even set you up with one.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont think he deserves a max 6 year deal from anyone now. He should accept less money to play elsewhere for his dream scenario with Wade and his agent. 6 year max deals are for the primary players of the franchise. Not the Robins to the Batmans. He is not a Batman in Chicago with Wade or Miami so why should he get a 6 year max there?

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

First off, when someone sends Bosh a tweet, he doesnt get notifications or emails or whatever...if you check who has @ messaged you, you will see a list of messages, but its not in an annoying manner. Therefore, your comment there doesnt hold water.

Secondly, he isnt filming a documentary...that was Wade. Lets get the facts straight.

14. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Not in an annoying manner? Filtering through what amounts to 100's of pieces of spam to find those that are important to me would piss me off on a daily basis.

Secondly, he is filming his quest for self-promotion. I suggest you double check your facts.

Domo

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You are so wrong so many levels.

16. wadero

wadero Member

I just read on ESPN that Tornto is leaning toward letting Bosh walk rather than help him get a max deal in a S&T. Hope this BS!!! :mad:

17. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Certainly open for intelligent criticism.

Perhaps we can all get together and discuss it at the next Bosh/Wade film festival.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

How so? They basically are using this fiasco to show how much Rockets fans want him in order to drive up his value to other teams. Its not like we benifit from this because it only adds to his value then he goes somewhere else or he adds to our trading value we have to give back to Toronto. So we might as well move on until they say something positive in Houstons direction like a signing. Until then we should not help these people get Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all in the same contracts they want by giving them attention for false hopes teams like the other franchises are doing. Its really only between their hometeams, Chicago, Miami, all together somewhere and making less somwhere. We might only facilitate it by allowing a team the reason to give Bosh the max the 6 year sign and trade deal elsewhere by hyping it even more. I say lets not until its a done deal here or less money elsewhere.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Filtering to find whats important to him? Im guessing the only tweets that are important to him are from the people he follows, right? Therefore, those show up on his home page. All other tweets show up on a completely different page. Therefore, his spam and those tweets that are important are separated.

And for the 100th time, Bosh is not filming a documentary...it is D Wade that is filming the free agency documentary. Bosh was with Wade during the process, so it was a mix up. Bosh even commented on his twitter about the cameras.

http://www.terezowens.com/dywane-wade-filming-documentary-on-his-free-agency/

Thanks for playing.

#39 rezdawg, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Ridiculous. So this is basically what you're saying...

Colangelo: Hey guys let's ask for a much better deal because houston fans want Bosh so bad.

LOL