1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

you've gone full r****d

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Terrific article Clutch as always...

Being the bargain deal has always been Parsons' calling card around the NBA...but as seen too many times around the NBA, getting paid often results in a false sense of security and a decrease in work habits.

The Rockets did a huge favor for CP25 by making him a RFA, but imagine if the Rockets forced Parsons to play for a bargain rate this upcoming year. It would've totally pissed off Parsons, and we would have to risk losing him without even having a chance to retain him...

3. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

I agree that they have superior talent but that is because they were willing to develop these guys instead of just throwing max money for an ace in the deck.
    Leonard was given the opportunity to flourish through pop's system. Also, look at how much their guys are being paid. There are other ways to win besides whoring yourself out there. I praise Morey for the acquisition of Harden which ultimately netted us Howard but one must begin to build and develop team dynamics instead of allowing players like Parsons to walk in order to chase the prettiest girl on the block.

4. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

I've never been a fan of Parsons to be honest. I always felt we overrated him because he was a Rocket and had a high value for his contract. It was surprising to me that Cuban would offer him the max (less surprising though if you think that Cuban's out to screw us).

If we get Bosh, we match and it's a who cares contract that lasts only 3 years. If we don't, let him walk and get the Lin treatment for the next three years. He's not an all-star and never will be.

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Chris Bosh needs to man up, see the writing on the wall that LBJ is gonna leave his ass to go play with younger people in Cleveland, and then bring his ass over here ASAP.

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Their superior talent were developed, not acquired

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not even gonna try to watch the video

8. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

well take A.Johnson with you do not come back....

1 person likes this.
  9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Why is everyone so mad at Parsons? He was given a choice, either extend with a contract on Morey's terms OR get himself a contract through another team. Morey gave him that choice. regardless if it screws our team's free agency goals. Resigning Parsons won't change our team's success this year.

The only way to improve this year is to have the players completely buy into playing coordinated team defense. James, Parsons, and Jones will have to step up defensively to make this team better. I have much faith in LBJ doing anything early to help any other teams.. especially the Rockets. If he does sign with the Cavs early and we're able to get both Bosh and Parsons.. then holy hell, we'll be more exciting to watch.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Probably the most accurate poll of its type running this question, little one. Also, do you know how a sampling works? That's rhetorical.

Great article, Clutch.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Have you always been an idiot, or is this something that came on kind of sudden like. With all respect due, of course.

And a great column, Clutch!

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

From what I remember, postseason Parsons was terrible in 2nd halves of games. Not clutch at all.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I can't see DM matching. He has never overpaid, ever.. right?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

IIRC, plenty of people here were shouting about Parsons screwing up defending Lillard at the end of game 6 even with him making $900K. Fans just like to b**** about athletes.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know who doesn't think that Parsons is overpaid at the $45M?

Mark Cuban, who hires people to analyze these things.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think it's theory number one.

First of all, i don't get #2. I get agents have some influence on their clients and can play mind games with teams, but i don't see how the connection is made here. I don't think Chandler and Howard weren't that close to make plans of sticking together and possibly opting out. i also don't think Fegan just made it up on his own to help Chandler out. It all came down to what Dwight thought was best for him, and he's maintained that stance since.

As for the first theory, i think that's precisely why Chandler changed agents. The connection he has with Cuban was the key here. I'm not sure how many other owners would have the balls to make the deal so player friendly just to stick it to Houston, and risk having to get stuck with it himself. All chandler needed was exhibit A to show houston he had something better and that gave him all the leverage he needed. You just can't turn down so much money and so much control, as a player. And really, i think CP still expects Houston to match. When i see them laughing, i don't see "Go Dallas" smiles, but rather "holy ****, i can't stop smiling, thanks for the set up" and "no worries, i have your agent's soul now hahaha"....

And if he does end up going to Dallas, it's not so bad for him. It's only two years and then he can do it all over again. Cuban still gets a really good player, who's going to help them make another playoff run and i'm sure he's going to market the heck out of him to attract female fans and make a lot of money..

17. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I want to match the contract and get the full intensity on defense and offense player that I expect he will become.

However, that picture with Cuban makes me sick. Don't match now. Who does that?unless he doesn't want to come back to the Rockets

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Probably his loves for DM has something to do with his decision

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Yep, all pee-pee games. Cuban's got a small one.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mavs?src=hash">#Mavs</a> executive Donnie Nelson on trying to get a sign-n-trade with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> for Parsons: &quot;You can’t let the boundary lines, so (CONT)</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statuses/487344764249862144">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>(CONT) &quot;to the speak, and some of the personal stuff on the court trickle into our side of the business.''</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/statuses/487344885494599681">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That doesn't mean he won't overpay players to get what he wants.