1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Chandler Parsons won’t be getting a free pass any longer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the $46 millions dollars. :rolleyes:

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Exactly. Like he slept with Cuban for money. Tons of money.

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

The way the article is worded, it sounds like Clutch knows Morey will match the offer. It explains the "won't be getting a free pass any longer" line. Last minute negotiations with Parsons didn't go Morey's way, but Morey is still willing to pay Parsons so long as he knows there are no excuses for lack of effort. Looks like Morey's done right by Parsons. Time for Parsons to step up when his offer sheet gets matched by the Rockets.

4. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Reading comprehension 101 - He's saying, either in Dallas or Htown, he will be expected toproduce likea $46m player. In no way does this mean Morey will match. morey probably doesn't know himself, as I am sure he will need clearance from the owner. It's bizness no need to get personal. First big contract, and you get treated as an asset, so why not take the most that is offered. Anyone saying otherwise is not being truthful or has low selfworth.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I agree. If you're getting paid like a superstar you need to play like one. I expect 20+ppg/10 or 20+ppg/5/5 from Parsons. Nothing less. If he's getting about the same salary as Harden and nearly double the salary of Lin, there is no way around this. If he doesn't produce at least to that standard, he will end up being just another asset that will be traded asap.

Clutch also made a really good point about Parson's and D12 agent. Fegan is one shrewd b*stard.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If we get Bosh and keep Parsons, he will be lucky to average 14 per game.

4th scorers who don't play D aren't worth it. I would rather put the corpse of Paul Pierce out there for 20 minutes and take a flyer on both of Brandon Rush and Pietrus on low level deals to cover the spot.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So Dirk + Chandler + Parsons
    Are we prepared to tackle this beast?

Rocket River

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Beast? Hardly. They have Devin Harris and Burp Felton at the point plus the one dimensional Monta Ellis at the two. They expect to move Wright if Parsons signs and don't forget the two ageless wonders Marion & Carter although Carter may also be gone. Rounding out the monster is the bench of Ledo, Blair, Crowder & Maekel. Right, that's a verrrry scary lineup. :rolleyes:

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

If Tyson goes down with a long term injury again... Will Dirk play through a lottery season or would he get antsy knowing the Rockets are willing to trade for him?

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

A lesser team was the only one able to truly challenge the Spurs. Don't underestimate Carlisle.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

You guys are funny...that is still 8th seed. Assuming chandler has similar production to last year...they are still 8th seed.

They gain parsons lose Marion and or Carter is a slight improvement
    The lose at PG with felton and Hariss from Calderon
    They lose at Center with a healthy rim protector in dalembert for an often injured Chandler.
    Dirk is a year older

I think they would have been better off keeping marion carter and getting stephenson for elite DEF and scoring. They could then move Monta to the point.

All in all if we get bosh I would happily be the 1st or 2nd seed and face the mavericks in the first round the next 3 years.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly .. . .so let's stop panicking

Rocket River

13. ada32

ada32 Member

Clutch, the numbers are clear, CP25 will start for Mavs!
    :cool::cool::cool:

14. houactuar

houactuar Member

So now that Lebron is going to Cleveland. Won't Bosh come to Houston?

I'm not sure Parsons is worth that kind of money. Maybe Morey should let him go.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

16. SPBR

SPBR Member

Duh. I'm trying to read between the lines. I'm hoping Clutch knows something we don't, like LeBron going to Cavs, Bosh coming here, and us matching Parsons's offer sheet. Why would we care if Dallas held Parsons accountable? In fact, we'd wish Dallas didn't care how Parsons performed. Saying there's no more excuses is a reminder that Parsons is coming out a winner in this situation and that the Rockets are letting him know that there's no more excuses for failure to perform. This makes more sense if we matched him. His contract will severely limit our options and he better be worth it. Sounded like last minute negotiations didn't turn fruitful with Morey and Parsons wanted more.

It's my guess. Maybe there's nothing between the lines. I blame DocRocket for this.

17. delta69er

delta69er Member

You're gonna quit trolling my favorite website once Lin is gone right? Please????

18. GMNot

GMNot Member

Actually, the onus is on Harden, too. He was sub-par in key games in the playoffs. We'll see if the Rockets can get it all done before the deadline. Surely, they had deals in waiting to pull the trigger on, so the process wouldn't take too much time -- or they should have. There is still a glaring deficiency at PG. I don't know for sure if they have any options there at the moment.

The other person who needs to step it up is Mr. Alexander. I would like to see him find a way to get the Rockets back on DirecTV and Dish the way they were with FSN -- no additional cost to subscribers in the outlying Rockets market (outside blackout radius). Otherwise, way too many fans will suffer another season of not seeing the improved (and hopefully, exciting) team. His hands may be tied because of the Astros and the legal mess, but if he's sharp enough to have DM he must have a good legal team. Please, Les, have mercy on the fan base and try to find a solution. And fans -- start contacting your chosen providers and ask / complain about the issue.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Deng is coming off a $14M/yr deal and turned down a $10M/yr extension

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ds-play-waiting-game-along-with-trevor-ariza/
    Ariza wants a $12/yr deal

No bargains.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member